The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Headlight Problems

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Headlight Problems

My headlights won't turn off. I normally drive with my parking lights on, today when i came out of the store my lights were on but the switch was in the parking light position. I turned the switch off but the lights didn't turn off. I have HIDS could it be the HIDs or do you all think it could be the light switch. please let me know. I have an 02 galant es

I dunno check your relays on the hid harness is what I can guess and check wiring for burnt wires.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    How do you have them wired?

Quote Originally Posted by johnygezony View Post
    How do you have them wired?

what do you mean how do i have em wired?

try disconnecting ur HIDS and powering up regular bulbs and see if u have the same problem, if u dont, then the problem exists within ur HID wiring, if it doesnt, then the problem is either ur switch (unlikely) or a wire being grounded out

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    try disconnecting ur HIDS and powering up regular bulbs and see if u have the same problem, if u dont, then the problem exists within ur HID wiring, if it doesnt, then the problem is either ur switch (unlikely) or a wire being grounded out

Thanks i had disconnected the power to the HIDs just for a temp fix cause it was hot as hell today, but when i went to check on em the lights were functioning as they should but I'm still wondering what caused it.

I have this with mine sometimes too. Just a loose connection somewhere. If it happens again maybe try replacing the harness

I have a 02 galant gtz I'm gonna install my hid's here soon do u know if they will flicker if i dnt use a relay?
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

Go to theretrofitsource.com get their harness its 40 bucks and plug n play I have it and have had it for almost a year no problems in snow high heat or anything

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    Go to theretrofitsource.com get their harness its 40 bucks and plug n play I have it and have had it for almost a year no problems in snow high heat or anything
    U mean 4 my hid's?
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    +1/ TRS is a great company and are great people to deal with, especially the owner, Matt. Otherwise go to hidplanet.com if you have more questions. They know their stuff about automotive lighting haha.

the turn signal switch gives alot of problems

Quote Originally Posted by GWAPS View Post
    I have a 02 galant gtz I'm gonna install my hid's here soon do u know if they will flicker if i dnt use a relay?
    You REALLY want to use a relay. The power to the headlights do not provide enough power and you'll likely burn out fuses pretty quickly. Don't buy cheap headlights. Just buy DDMs. They have a lifetime warranty and the bixenon ones come with a relay and wiring harness.

Quote Originally Posted by the210fella View Post
    My headlights won't turn off. I normally drive with my parking lights on, today when i came out of the store my lights were on but the switch was in the parking light position. I turned the switch off but the lights didn't turn off. I have HIDS could it be the HIDs or do you all think it could be the light switch. please let me know. I have an 02 galant es
    Sounds like you didn't use a wiring harness and used a relay you wired up yourself. If that's the case make sure you connected the trigger wire of the relay to the headlamp and not to the parking lights.