The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: intake manifold bolts

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
    atherts

Icon5 intake manifold bolts

OK I pulled a bone head move last night. I had my intake manifold bolts set out the way I took them out so I can put the back in. Well I spilled the bolts and all the other bolts I took out to get my intake out. Now I am have to figure out what goes where. Does anyone know the bolt lay out for the intake manifold???
    Also is there a gasket for the piece that comes from the water pump and bolts to the intake manifold or do I just use some silicone??

Are you talking about the throttle body gasket for the intake manifold when you say water pump?

atherts
    no the piece I am talking about is the piece that connects to the water pump and runs under the intake and bolts to the left side of the intake. looks like there is a temp sensor there too.

I haven't dismantled the 4cyl galant yet. So I assume you're talking about the v6?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    I believe hes talking about the part that bolts up to the intake and also where the thermostats goes

«Carlos»

If he is indeed talking about the bolts for the (upper) intake manifold, for the love of all that is holy, atherts, check your intake ports to make sure nothing fell in, when I get home I will throw together a diagram for which bolt goes where for the intake manifold, that is if you (atherts) have a v6
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    is this for the plenum? the two middle ones are the longer longs with require longer bolts they they bolt to the back of the plenum and the two sides are the short ones.

atherts
    Here is a picture of what I am talking about and I was wrong it's on the right of the motor.
    It looks like it needs an o-ring the last guy used silicone and it didn't seal very well.
    http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w...0812121626.jpg
    Last edited by atherts; 08-13-2012 at 05:57 AM

That's exactly what I was talking about from what I know of they don't sell a gasket for it but you can make your own they sell the material in auto zone or you can grab a Carton of juice cut it out and use it I did it once and it worked lovely no leaks

«Carlos»

atherts
    cool thanks. I am know I will have more questions very soon. Thanks for your help

1 minute gasket is.your friend for that

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    1 minute gasket is.your friend for that
    That works too

«Carlos»

atherts
    Well I got it all back together last night and wouldn't you know I have a leak. Thought it was a line but no. it's leaking around the throttle body. The intake I bought had been fixed but I forgot to make sure where the throttle body bolts up to the intake manifold didn't get warped from welding. Well at least the problem easy to get to. Do they make different thickness gaskets for the throttle body?? I know on my hillclimbing bikes I can get rubber coated gasket that help fill in gap if the surface is not completely flat.