The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: this forum is dead

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 182
    here's the thing....first off, we are not ur average community, there is only SO much that can be done to a Galant that whenever noobs come around and expect to be spoon fed, he is quickly frowned upon....you posted a question about the horn location, i answered it, and yet u found it easier to insult the community and saying how the guy who doesnt own the car answers the question, yes, i answered it and I answered it correctly, i've owned many galants in the past and if u want me to count, i will tell u that I owned 5 7gs, 2 8gs and 1 6g(which is my current) I've probably worked on 100's of 8g's and I pretty much know them front and back, I continue to help people who ask proper questions and personally, if u come across the wrong way, u wont get help, plain and simple, dont be a dick and say u want ur account deleted because u feel like we should drop all we are doing to answer ur questions...alot of us have lives outside this forum and we come here because its a fun place to be and a place to learn and give inspiration....I personally said the Galant community was dead a few months back and I realized that most people here are either done with their cars and stay to help others out, and others who are just getting started, there is a big gap between the OG's and the newer members here on TGC, sorry if we are tired of answering the same questions for 10+ years....shit happens

i think i rambled lol

This forum is nowhere near dead. It is very active. I get 65-100+ posts daily. Hell, I don't even have a G anymore and I'm still very active on here. If you want, feel free to pm me with any questions. I like helping the new guys. But I highly ecomend searching. Oh, and where are you located? Cause the are someplaces where there isn't any close members. Like for me, nobody is close. I think the closest is in Chicago, which is 6 hrs away.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

people wont give me cash so this forum is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 1999ES View Post
    ur an admin, please delet my account i dont want nothing else to do with this site.
    so..... when guy posts an item in his build thread an item he got.....

NOBODY is allowed to say "hey i need that where'd you get it?"
    make up your mind. you ask me to delete your account but then you post again?

are you sure you are done?

i vote we give him a chance to redeem himself and not act like a douche

BANHAMMER! he sounds like an idiot..

whats going on? i see alot of nice cars.. ive decided to fix my galant up rather then sell it.. i got a ton of questions but this forum is completely dead...no offence but...wow..

maybe its just me.. maybe im rubbing people the wrong way i just dont know but ive been a member of a ton of forums and in my opinion this one is so slow i dont know why the owner would even re-register it next year..

tell me im wrong.
    I own the TGC domain, why should I listen to someone who hasn't provided anything of substance yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    lol this site isn't THAT slow.

I imagine OP is a member of other sites but doesn't frequent them, based on his ignorance to forum etiquette and lack of forum IQ.
    Indeed. I remember when TGC had only 5 posts per week, literally. But this was way back in 2001...lol

Use common sense. If you can google... You can search here. Easy shit.

-Andrew

Dead my a** we are keepin this thread alive.

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Use common sense. If you can google... You can search here. Easy shit.

You can also use google just to search the entire TGC

I enter galantcenter after a lot of search terms in google. Thanks to the owner of this domain!

I don't think the forum is dead, but I do think searching on the site is more difficult than it used to be but like he said I get on. Google type 8g then what I wnat or thegalantcenter then what I want. I have so many threads bookmarked from this site its not even funny. Now, it could be that you are at a point where u just need a member close to you so yall can start a dialogue and bounce ideas off each other as crazy as it seems I been on here for a long time and just this year have a phone number of a member that's not close to me but we talk about our cars and other stuff all the time. Therefore think of tgc as a repair manual, do your thing and leave it around til something breaks or you get curious about something. We are not re inventing the wheel here so maybe lower your expectations? But sorry to see a member lose faith in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    I don't think the forum is dead, but I do think searching on the site is more difficult than it used to be but like he said I get on. Google type 8g then what I wnat or thegalantcenter then what I want. I have so many threads bookmarked from this site its not even funny. Now, it could be that you are at a point where u just need a member close to you so yall can start a dialogue and bounce ideas off each other as crazy as it seems I been on here for a long time and just this year have a phone number of a member that's not close to me but we talk about our cars and other stuff all the time. Therefore think of tgc as a repair manual, do your thing and leave it around til something breaks or you get curious about something. We are not re inventing the wheel here so maybe lower your expectations? But sorry to see a member lose faith in the forum.
    His faith in the forum has nothing to do with it.

Based just on what was said in this thread its clear that he doesn't even want the answers he has been given, even being correct, whether or not its from someone that currently owns a Galant or not (which is completely irrelevant anyways).

Personally, I've read threads like this for 10 years, its nothing new, and TGC continues to grow and grow.

This thread alone has over 150 views, and posts from 16 different members, and in just over 4 hours!

This thread proves that TGC is alive... but I still won't help noobs who don't search. :D

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    Based just on what was said in this thread its clear that he doesn't even want the answers he has been given,

whether or not its from someone that currently owns a Galant or not (which is completely irrelevant anyways).

This thread alone has over 150 views, and posts from 16 different members, and in just over 4 hours!
    1) so i have all these problems with the car.. i had a couple of my questions answered today...but you....redgalant2k1 decided that i "didnt want the answers" must be nice to make judgments like that without having to base them off reality.

2) dude without and 8th gen answered my question... i said thank you.. and mentioned that there were 22 views and not one person with an 8th gen answered me... then slowly people started twisting it to i was "complaining" that dude didnt have an 8th gen..

3) ok..16 comments and 150 views..... how about my thread where i was about to order inner tie rods but i needed the length? did everybody flock to post in that thread??

Last Activity: Today 09:47 PM
    Why the fuck you want have everyone flock to one thread? 1 person given you the answer for the inner tie rod move along with your life. I've given you the answer to your wobble wobble sound when driving but yet you insist it's your lower control arm and you're looking for this g-spot bushing which clearly stating as my sig name. And after I gave you the link to the bushing site you still ask questions as if no one even touch the subject. Why are you even fighting? Just read all post givien to you and assess the problem the next day. It's that simple. Why are making this more difficult?

Newcomers you can learn a lot from this so use Google search function to find what you need :)
    Last edited by G-spot; 08-14-2012 at 10:04 PM

Banned
    now the montra is "noobs that dont search"

what kinda forum is this where people can be openly attacked like that?

now the montra is "noobs that dont search"

what kinda forum is this where people can be openly attacked like that?
    Try club3g.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    -Andrew

im not just a dude without an 8th gen, i've owned and worked on more 8th gen galants than most people....i know the ins and outs....i can tell u 100 options for different things u might wanna do to it, trust me, just cuz u see a 6th gen galant in my sig, doesnt mean im incapable of answering ur questions....I've been here 10+ years ...what does it matter who answers ur question, we all know these cars, whether they are 6th, 7th or 8th gen owners
    Last edited by QnzMostWanted; 08-14-2012 at 10:27 PM

post #7 is the funniest post ive read in a long time lol.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast