The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: this forum is dead

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 182
    WOW no respect...
    This forum is THEE BEST forum for any Galant problem or upgrades you want to know about..
    i have had my galant since 09' and i was never a member until shit started goin badd so I made my account incase i had a question here n there, but by searching the forums with the SEARCH TOOL, or even by skimmin through pages an pages of posts,
    i have seen just about everything i need to see, and know what i need to know to fix anything, now its just getting down to it.
    TRY LOOKING AROUND A BIT MORE cuz

&& You def. chose the route of getting poked around like a noob

2kGblackONblack4g64

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    Lolz

Thank you for the entertainment this evening. I was looking for something to read while I'm up all night with my newborn. You sound like a newborn yourself. What a sin. I don't even have a galant and haven't had one in 5 years and I still come on this ACTIVE forum bc of how great the people are here. Stop whining.

* Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk <3 *

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 1999ES View Post
    now the montra is "noobs that dont search"

what kinda forum is this where people can be openly attacked like that?
    You're wrong. DEAD WRONG. There are Noobs that DO search and they don't have a social issue like you have. You think we attacked you?

Let's break this down......

02-04-2012, 07:36 PM
    hey guys, im eric.. i have a 1999 es that hasnt let me down since ive owned it for just over a year...

i was planning on selling it, but id never get what i paid for it.. or what i put into it, so ill just hold onto it and go ahead and make some repairs on it that i wasnt planning to make originally..

1) upper socket for rack&pinnion (play)
    2) horn/cruise control not working (srs) light
    3) no hot air, vent selection INOP , fresh air/ac buttons INOP
    4) valvetrain (ticks)

anyone ever transplant sunroof onto regular hardtop?
    Your 1st thread post was on Feb. 4th 2012. All 4 issues stated above can be found by google search. However, reading further I see members respond to all your questions

08-07-2012, 11:35 PM
    i need to do both sides...anyone local in socal wanna make a few extra bucks?
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=23423

The inner/outer tie rod tutorial was clearly written.

08-12-2012, 10:35 PM
    http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Re...+50050+2050003

does anyone know the length of inner tie rods on a 1999 galant es 4 cyl?
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=51539
    Clicked the link and found 2 different tie ends, assuming one was for i4 (13.08) and the other was for the v6 (9.94).

Thank you M-Rod for the info
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    I'm measuring the Raybestos premium 405-1124 at 13 inches.
    Lol wut?
    it looks like theirs two different lenghts... any idea wich one i need?
    I'll skip the forum is dead/horn isn't working threads because you guys get the picture but this part pissed me off.

Yesterday, 08:21 PM
    ok my front end is all F'd up..

1) passanger control arm bushings totally shot
    2) both inner tie rods loose "play"
    3) wheel bearings may be shot
    4) motor mounts may be shot

my question is if someone had to guess whats causing the severe road noise?
    Well, if you have front end damages, you'd think your front suspension would be damaged also, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    i don't get it, your front end is all f'd up but you don't know what is causing the noise? umm, why not fix what you know is broken? the noise will probably go away if everything is working correctly. btw, road noise comes from your tires and the road, is that what you are hearing?
    Response #1

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    1. You can buy control arm bushings @ www.energysuspensionparts.com (99-03 Galant or 00-05 Eclipse)

2. Take it to your alignment shop they can adjust it to factory specs. no need to wear your tires out because of it. Tie rods can be bought on Ebay.com if needed.

3. Your best bet for the wild wind noise comes from one (or both) of your wheel bearings. It may be simpler to just replace the entire hub assembly since it comes with new hubs and studs. Find them on Ebay.com Wind noise can also be produced from damaged tires get it wheel balanced and inspected from an authorized tire shop.

4. If at a dead stop and the motor shakes violently and minimize shaking when on nuetral gear, your motor mount is most likely needs replacement. If not, then it may not be the case.

BTW, I did this by using google and the TGC search function within 10 minutes. You're welcome.
    Response # 2 I answered each and every part of your questions with detail of where to find it and found the possible culprit (#3)

did you read my post?

out of all those... what most likely is causing the road noise?
    Yes I did read your post and yes I did answer your question(s)

has anyone ever experienced wild road noise due to worn control arm bushings?
    lol seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    everything on that list can cause road noise, if u know its fucked up, why u gonna risk ur front suspension failing on you and causing an accident, if ur passenger side bushings are shot, replace them, if ur tie rods have play, it would definitely fail and cause u to lose control of your car....if the wheel bearings may be shot, lift the car and spin ur wheels, if the bearings are shot u will hear it and as far as the motor mounts go, they should be changed regardless before u attempt to diagnose any issues on ur car
    Response #3 (which was the same response as #1 & 2)

------
    To sum it up, nobody attacked you. People tend to worry when someone drives an ill maintained car for a long period of time especially when they mentioned about in an earlier thread. Before this forum came crashing down on you weren't you the one that said this forum is dead?

I've seen enough people like you and their cars all end at the same place: the junkyard. And you know who pulls apart those cars and use it for the greater good? I thought so.....

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    I've seen enough people like you and their cars all end at the same place: the junkyard. And you know who pulls apart those cars and use it for the greater good? I thought so.....

LOL
    Love IIt

2kGblackONblack4g64

Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    i vote we give him a chance to redeem himself and not act like a douche
    Nah he doesnt deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    This thread proves that TGC is alive... but I still won't help noobs who don't search. :D

i second that. I searched and searched and read and learned and came a long way. I don't think I was spoon fed before. I might have posted few noob questions but nothing retarded with answers all over the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by DTP View Post
    Try club3g.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

they will eat him alive there since they won't tolerate crap like this. He would've banned the minute he posted this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    Lolz

Thank you for the entertainment this evening. I was looking for something to read while I'm up all night with my newborn. You sound like a newborn yourself. What a sin. I don't even have a galant and haven't had one in 5 years and I still come on this ACTIVE forum bc of how great the people are here. Stop whining.

* Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk <3 *
    I was bored too and found this and read every post. It was quiet entertaining lol. Has it been 5 years already??
    Last edited by spdracr; 08-14-2012 at 11:16 PM
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

1) so i have all these problems with the car.. i had a couple of my questions answered today...but you....redgalant2k1 decided that i "didnt want the answers" must be nice to make judgments like that without having to base them off reality.

2) dude without and 8th gen answered my question... i said thank you.. and mentioned that there were 22 views and not one person with an 8th gen answered me... then slowly people started twisting it to i was "complaining" that dude didnt have an 8th gen..

3) ok..16 comments and 150 views..... how about my thread where i was about to order inner tie rods but i needed the length? did everybody flock to post in that thread??
    1) You really need to learn self restraint before you say something you shouldn't have. I believe members that have actually had faith in TGC and helped hundreds of you ungrateful newbs like you.

2) That 'dude without an 8th gen' has (has he has said himself several times in this thread), owned more Galants in his lifetime that you will own cars. To my knowledge, which is extensive as I've been with TGC since the beginning, I don't recall any other person ever owning more Galants.

3) Not everyone sufficiently knowledgeable enough to answer mechanical related questions, so why would you have some sort of expectation that that thread would be more active than this one? (That's besides the point that one of the more knowledgeable members answered you in that thread).

4) Eventually you will find out the world doesn't revolve around you, TGC certainly doesn't. It was around before you had a hissy fit, and will be around long after you have finally grown up.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    BANHAMMER! he sounds like an idiot..
    ^ this is hilarious!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. What a whiny, self-entitled doucher. I love my TGC family, never personally met any of you but I have read /learned much on here and have so much respect for all if you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

*of you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

How did I miss this as it happened?

@ 1999ES: LOL!!!

Worked on Chevy's Beemers and Bikes but can't find the horn!! WTF!
    Did you check the trunk? Perhaps inside the right rear tire!

LMAO at Dion! "Never seen a fish jump into a frying pan"

There go those hilarious thread tags again lol.....

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I asked a question and someone replied immediatly , If you really want help then you can try pming some senior member or patrons wouldn't hurt to send a pm or two

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I asked a question and someone replied immediatly , If you really want help then you can try pming some senior member or patrons wouldn't hurt to send a pm or two
    Very true!
    A lot of members pm me questions about something and I always reply back. If I don't think I have the answer or don't think its been covered, I'll tell them to ask The board in the correct topic. This works and I definitely don't mind helping where I can.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Last edited by Galant306m; 08-27-2012 at 12:04 PM

wow i missed this whole thing.

I was out working on my car

But now i wanna whine too cause i have been calling and texting members ....but Deeznuts hasnt answered ALL my calls and text some shit to do with busy at work and boss wont let him be on phone some bullshit like that; so ima start a thread about putting work and personal life before members questions. Just fucking RUDE Deeznuts get your priorities straight and answer ALL my calls IMMEDIATLY.

ROB! <3

OP would poo himself if my Honda owning self answered one of his questions.

Like I said though, this guy is clearly not on other forums. If he thinks this place is hard on n00bs, he has never been on a big forum. C3G is still a cakewalk, Zilvia, Honda-Tech, etc. would tear him a new hole many times over.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGalant2k1 View Post
    1)
    2) That 'dude without an 8th gen' has (has he has said himself several times in this thread), owned more Galants in his lifetime that you will own cars. To my knowledge, which is extensive as I've been with TGC since the beginning, I don't recall any other person ever owning more Galants.

this will be my final post ....really? ok.. let me see if i can make a list of all the cars ive had.. in my 20 years of driving ...

81 celica
    76 dodge van
    67 satalite
    76 cadi
    81 cutlass
    84 regal
    69 camaro
    84 camaro
    64 el co
    73 silverado
    74 gmc
    72 r4
    77 chevy stepside
    73 mazda pick up
    84 celebrity
    71 celica
    72 celica
    73 celica
    74 celica
    86 renault
    58 bug
    64 bug
    66 fastback vw
    93 mazda 323
    01 s10
    99 tahoe
    92 325i bmw
    92 325i bmw
    92 fzr 600
    91 gsxr 1100
    01 r6
    99 galant
    01 excursion--- in the next couple months..

a couple were parts cars...and a couple were sent to the junkyard..

almost all where bought not running....i did all the work myself on them..and all were either sold or traded....

so he had over 33 galants?

i wouldnt doubt they werent all in tha JY by noww with tha way you sound.
    your just naming cars off noww lolol this dude FUNNYY^_^

2kGblackONblack4g64

lolol!!! I can go buy 33 pieces of scrap metal just like that too.

It's a losing battle, give up.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    lolol!!! I can go buy 33 pieces of scrap metal just like that too.

It's a losing battle, give up.
    the point of the list was....

some wigger claimed dude had more galants then cars that ive ever owned...

well... i remembered 33 cars... so i guess dude had 33 galants..

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast