The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4g94 modifications?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

4g94 modifications?

Dear 8g gurus,

I Hv a 2.0 Gdi which on paper puts up about 140bhp. All internals are stock at the moment. I would like to get better pick up and also increase the torque slightly as climbing hills on this 8g can be quite a task. Where do I begin? Any power upgrades that can help increase power n maintain fuel efficiency? I Hv a spare ar60 turbo but would that destroy the internals? Possible to Increase the power without force inductions? It's an 4spd auto n it's a daily drive and I'd Like to keep it that way

Thanks

No clue the problem is that all us usdm guys have never had chance to even see the gdi engines, we do know then run leaner I think, but as far as adding turbo or anymods we are not sure. I would say intake and exhuast are always starters for any car. But you mighT wanna search on mods to other gdis. I'm just not sure on how the cpu will yranslate things like higher boost, more air mass, and more frrely flowing exhaust, I kno the gdi won car of the year in Europe when they cane out but cause they are so focused on better emissions etc I'm not sure on mods. Ill look over weekend though.

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    No clue the problem is that all us usdm guys have never had chance to even see the gdi engines, we do know then run leaner I think, but as far as adding turbo or anymods we are not sure. I would say intake and exhuast are always starters for any car. But you mighT wanna search on mods to other gdis. I'm just not sure on how the cpu will yranslate things like higher boost, more air mass, and more frrely flowing exhaust, I kno the gdi won car of the year in Europe when they cane out but cause they are so focused on better emissions etc I'm not sure on mods. Ill look over weekend though.
    I have some pics off my phone on my engine but i haven't had the chance to read on how to upload pics into the forum. I'll take more pics over the weekend on the car and measurements on my rims this weekend too so i can share with you on the difference between stock rims and new offset rims.... Can't wait to get my Rota rims in on my 8g.

Oh yea would it be better if I get a straight flow or s flow for this 4spd auto?