The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: what pressure

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

what pressure

So here is the deal just about to start car finally after i fix an oil leak but need to know if anyone has a ballpark on were I should set my afpr till its tuned not looking for long answerjust ideas

4g64 block
    kia head
    evo im
    evo tb
    660cc injectors
    255lph fp

stock psi is somewhere around 42 i believe turboed and waste gate set for 10 psi.

what regulator are you using? and what brand are the 660cc injectors? just set it to stock or what ever the manufactures rating is to get 660cc's. you can adjust it from there when tuning
    Last edited by underated; 08-16-2012 at 01:13 PM
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

you should be fine at the evo's stock psi of 42. My brother was worried about being too lean so he was set at 44psi on his fuellab regulator until he was tuned.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

it all depends on what rating the maker specifies for the 660cc's. not all cars run the same fuel pressure. so if those injectors are rated for 660cc's and 55psi then running 42psi is not going to get you the results you want.

if they are denso 660 they advise 45-47psi to get the full 660cc's
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Quote Originally Posted by underated View Post
    it all depends on what rating the maker specifies for the 660cc's. not all cars run the same fuel pressure. so if those injectors are rated for 660cc's and 55psi then running 42psi is not going to get you the results you want.

if they are denso 660 they advise 45-47psi to get the full 660cc's
    ahhh... I was unaware of different brands had different psi ratings. I've only dealt with the oem injectors.

Hand me a red nugget for bad info lolz!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

naw its all good. its just different some times. like srt-4' have 58psi fuel pressure and there injectors are rated at 577cc for the 04+

here is a good link i wish it showed the fuel pressures tho
    http://www.robietherobot.com/storm/f...ectorguide.htm

ok see thats the info i wanted to know I have rc engineering injectors and im in the oil business and the nozzels used in oil burners is based on 100psi so higher psi means more fuel.

exactly... but injectors have a "working" pressure range

rc's are 660 CC's / MIN @ 43.5 PSI
    Min 30 PSIG / Max 100 PSIG