The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rear Speakers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Rear Speakers

So I think I blew my rear right side speaker out the other day (Damn Celldweller!!) I was wondering if you guys know what the speaker size is for a replacement.
    Is it ricey?

Oh I forgot I have a 2005 LS
    Is it ricey?

6x9 if its the rockford fosgate system.

Thanks. I got them replaced with a higher wattage speaker. They don't sound like they thump as much as the old ones. The old ones were Mitsubishi 15W speakers. Paper cones. I got some no name brand ones right now. Don't know when I'll be getting an actual sound system. My friend when he was finally finished with all the installs and the price of speakers, head unit, sub, and amp, dynamat. He spent around $1,500
    Is it ricey?

With replacing stock speakers with better ones while leaving them on the stock headunit/amp, chances are that the new speaker requires more power than the source can give to make them come alive. Use them as motivation to get your subwoofer game up, and you'll never look back.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I know I got my 12" Dual Voice Coil sub with 400RMS and it's amazing love it.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?vo2s2z
    Is it ricey?

jost1777
    Hey noob question. I have an 07 ralliart with Rockford system why do the rear speakers have 4 wires going into them. They spec this car as having an 8 speaker system but I can only think of six spots. Do they count the rear 6x9 as two speakers? I'm gonna be putting in an amp and would like to know this. Thanks.

I need 2 damn sure get my subwoof game up lol. I aint got n one lol.
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

@jost177 With the Rocksford system their are two speakers in your rear door panels. As to why their is another set going into them that is probably a link with the rear 6x9 speakers linking to the rear door panels. This is just like the front speakers how they link to the tweeters in the front so that when you adjust your fader you will hear your speakers correctly.
    Is it ricey?

Yea I'm getting a soundgate mono amp and a kicker 4 channel amp and I have sony xplod 50rms speakers in my front doors Then my friend will be selling me his Alpine type r 6x9 100 rms speakers
    Is it ricey?

jost1777
    Thanks for answering, never knew there were speakers in the rear door panels. Do those 6x9s bolt on directly or you have to modify?

Well I have the 05 LS so I'm not sure how different they are compared to yours but I imagine it would be the same. But yes mine bolt right in. Just make sure you have enough slack with the wires because they really don't make them long at all.

Side note* with mine the stock speakers were plugged in with a little clip and I had to cut the wire to get the clip off and then on one of my speakers I had to add more wire so that it could reach.
    Is it ricey?

jost1777
    Yeah I don't have any speakers on my rear doors. The 6x9s have a small speaker on top that's what the extra wires are for. The wires are short but I think I can manage. The good thing is I have a 4 channel amp and I got 4 sets of speaker wire back there. I got some Kenwood 6x9s which at first just laying them in there don't seem like they fit but once you screw them in they fit ok. I took the stock speaker with me to best buy and seemed like all the speakers there match up with the factory screw holes so that's good. The speakers I got are 120 watts rms. I hooked them up to the factory amp and it wasn't pleasant. Hopefully when I hook up the other amp I'll have better luck. Thanks for the help.

jost1777
    Hey the speakers are working great. I'm moving on to the door speakers. Should I get 2 way speakers or components and use the current tweeters? I replaced the door speaker once cause it blew out, but I changed it with the same one. I didn't notice if it was a component or a 2 way. I'm thinking it was a component since there are tweeters on the dash. Correct me if I'm wrong. Would rather get components to minimize any more wiring. Thanks.

Personally go with the 2 way because you really don't need bass in the front. It's better to leave the back for the lows and the front for the highs. That's why subs are in the back of your car.

Probably 120RMS is to much power. Your stock amp probably wasn't giving enough power. You are probably under powering your speaker. Then the distortion blew it out (if it did). As for your door speaker blowing out. You probably didn't have dynamat in and your vibrations blew out your speaker. That's why you can turn up volume when have that in because the dynamat soaks up all the vibration. Their are many reasons why your speaker blew. I'm not exactly sure how you listen to your music but those are just a couple of suggestions.

I'm pretty sure the stock speakers are component because of the speakers but like I said before it doesn't really matter you don't need a lot of bass in the front cause that's were the highs are. BTW don't go to bestbuy. Sure you can go there to look but don't buy they overcharge waaaaay to much. Go to amazon or find another place online. But most of the time amazon will do it justice.
    Is it ricey?

jost1777
    Ok so 2 way for the doors. I think that is a good call. With the 6x9s I was able to tweak and dial out the lows and highs thanks to the Rockford system so I'm sure I'll be able to do the same. I went to best buy out of desperation. I had some time off and wanted to throw something in there. The door speakers I will get from ebay. Found a nice set very reasonable. Thanks again.

Last edited by fullmetal289; 11-22-2016 at 12:20 PM

Rear Speakers

Hey I'm just quoting and spreading your knowledge about it that you shared with me. ;)

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?dw1lcc
    Is it ricey?

Last edited by fullmetal289; 11-22-2016 at 12:20 PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast