The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 01 and 03 from Iowa

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

01 and 03 from Iowa

So let me first start off by saying that as a newb I do not feel I can live up to the awesome reputation of 1999ES. Sorry if I let you down or maybe even disqualifies me from being a member. If it does please let me know asap..I'll sell both of my 8g's and go back to a celica or maybe find someone dumb enough to trade me an Excursion for these 2 pos's that arent even worth 3k.

Assuming all goes well,

Names Trent I'm from Iowa. Previously owned a 3g Eclipse. Loved it, drove it hard and she loved it. Bought a truck and snapped the pinion shaft right outside of warranty. Had to sell the car to get the truck fixed.

Always said I was going back to an Eclipse. Then along came the 03 for $800 that just needed a new front clip. Stole it. Month later run into the 01, some older lady said she blew the radiator and the engine seized. Great body so I gave her $400. Got home, engine cranks. Stole it.

Anyways, expect some questions, a little sarcasm and some dry humor, which by the looks shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by ayblinkin; 08-17-2012 at 09:57 AM

Welcome to TGC! And no, sadly you won't live up to that noobs reputation. ;)

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Hahaha you fit right in with us! Those were some steals you got there damn. You might need a head gasket or something for the 01 but should be good to go. Both 4cyl?

Welcome to the forums and post pics when you get a chance of your galants and eclipse, we'd love to see them.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Hahaha you fit right in with us! Those were some steals you got there damn. You might need a head gasket or something for the 01 but should be good to go. Both 4cyl?

Welcome to the forums and post pics when you get a chance of your galants and eclipse, we'd love to see them.
    Both are 4cyl as was the Eclipse, so pretty well versed on the 64's.

8g's are stock, only had them a month.

Quick cell pic of the 03,

Eclipse when I lived in FL...load a few more when I get home.

Lowered on Tein S-Techs and KYB AGX

Welcome

Welcome to TGC!

Welcome to TGC
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Factory 03 headlamps are black housing headlights fyi lol. Cars looked good though. I'm sure you'll be dropping one of the galants. The stock front gap is an eyesore.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

The 03 has the 01's headlights and front clip on it. I plan on dropping the 01 and possibly doing autocross and what not with it. Never been a fan of it but idk.

Since I'm in no rush and have an endless supply of Galant and left over Eclipse parts I'm going to work on a manual swap on the 01. When I had my Eclipse I was working on putting an Evo 8 head on it. I still have the head and a lot of the necessities to make that work. The thing I need to figure out is what transmission I have room to bolt up. I haven't done a ton of research on this car yet so I'm sure plans will change.

But thanks for the welcome guys. Been a member of at Club3g for a few years and also Club3gOFL/MitsuOFL back when Russ from Tearstone ran it.

Welcome, so now we have 3 members from Iowa, lol! What city are in?

Quote Originally Posted by Guzm4n View Post
    Welcome, so now we have 3 members from Iowa, lol! What city are in?
    Newton, so not too far off from you haha

3g GS/RS transmission is waht u need to bolt up to the galant to convert it to 5spd, u will have a CEL when u do the swap but there's a member here named Isaurio who could help you out and get that handled

Welcome to TGC! Good deal on those Galants, or should I say you stole thee fuck outta them lol!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Welcone

«Carlos»

Welcome back to the mitsu family. great finds, take your time and enjoy em.

why cant i find any dumb old people in my area with a porsche and a blown radiator.......................................... ..id give her 6k for a 2010................stupid smart old people in ny

Thanks again for the welcome guys. And I was figuring a GS/RS tranny would. Was looking and already found one for $150. May grab that this coming weekend. Shaping up to be a fun build.

Welcome g, btw nice rides
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

Experienced TGC Member
    Welcome to tgc