The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Help please: Wrapping visors

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Help please: Wrapping visors

Ok, so I just installed a black vinyl headliner and it looks great. Now I want to rewrap my visors in the same black vinyl but I can't seem to get them apart. Does anyone have any tricks or tips on opening up the visors?! Thanks!

No one? 68 views and no one knows how to open the visors? Damn! Lol!!!

LoL. Sorry bro, I don't have the answer for you. I know its been done. Grab a spare pair at the junkyard and cut'em up. I'm sure theres a way. Maybe pop off the mirror first, or cut the seam on the fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    LoL. Sorry bro, I don't have the answer for you. I know its been done. Grab a spare pair at the junkyard and cut'em up. I'm sure theres a way. Maybe pop off the mirror first, or cut the seam on the fabric.
    That's exactly what I would do but the problem is there are no junk yards anywhere near me that have any 8G Galants. So I don't have access to a spare set. Really wish I did.

I plan to stop by the yard in the next week or two. If you dont figure it out by then, I might be able to grab you a set of visors.

they are melted together, its a real pain in the ass to get them apart.
    i gave up and am going to just spray them black.

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGO_ONE View Post
    I plan to stop by the yard in the next week or two. If you dont figure it out by then, I might be able to grab you a set of visors.
    Sounds good. Please do that!

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    they are melted together, its a real pain in the ass to get them apart.
    i gave up and am going to just spray them black.
    Can't do that. Lol. Gotta match the headliner or my OCD will never leave me alone.

have fun then.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    have fun then.
    I think I have a way to open them up if they are melted together but I absolutely want to test it out on a pair of spare visors first.

idk but put pictures of what you have.

they wont come apart you have to wedge the material into the seam along the outside and split and tuck in the clip area. its a tight fit but it will work.

This is definitely a tutorial worthy subject. I redid my headliner, doors, and carpets to a different color last year and have yet to put visors in since they don't match.

at least u guys got that far i spray painted my leather cuz i couldnt figure out how to wrap it and after i failed wit the doors no way im touchin my headliner so it will be falling down ontop on me smh spray paint ftw

They should be just pressed together. I don't think the plastic is sonic welded together cuz of the upholstery

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant