The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Suspension Help

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Suspension Help

Hey Guys I'm Brand New To The Site, And I'm Not As Car Savy As Most, So I Can Use A Lot Of Help. I Bought This Galant Is April And It Has Tein Springs On It With Stock Struts. The Struts Went Bad A Couple Weeks Back Which Is Making The Ride Too Bouncy. I Know I Want Adjustable Suspension, So I'm Going To Need Coilovers... (If I'm Right) But I Don't Know What To Get. I Only Know Of Ksport. And I Was Considering Buying The Complete Kit For 4000

Is There Any Other Options Or Suggestions? Another Thing I'd Like Is To Be Able To Press A Button And For My Car To Lower Or Raise. Is Ksport The Only Brand That Offers That? If I Could Find Some Guys In The NY Area To Help Me With This Project I'd Appreciate It.

Welcome to TGC! Nice pic. Car doesn't look bad at all, in fact it looks clean, but I don't kit body kits (not that it matters). Anyway, our cars have the exact same suspension setup as the 3rd Gen Eclipse (2000-2005) so you have a few options, D2, Tein, Megan and on the higher end you have AMR and different air ride options, since you want remote adjustability. Look up those suspension options for either our 8th Gen Galant or 3rd Gen Eclipse, the answers are here and on Google. Good luck and welcome!

Oh, And Capitalizing The First Initial Of Every Word Is Not Only Unnecessary And Grammatically Incorrect (except for proper titles but even then small common words like "and" and "or" don't get capitalized either) But Is Kinda Annoying To Look At.

/grammar nazi status

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    4k for just coilover? thats 4x too much!!

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Car looks good and welcome but as Greg has mentioned also there's BC coilovers but your best bet would be air ride since you want that push of a button

«Carlos»

Greg Thanks A Lot For Your Input. And As For The Nazi In You, It's Just A Habit I've Had Since I Was Younger. The Only Time I don't capitalize is when i'm writing a paper for college.

And Emerson I Don't This The Ksport is coilovers. This Is What I Was Looking At. Any Opinions? And If I Purchase This, Do I Need To Buy Anything Else?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ksport-Airte...1cb68d&vxp=mtr

Damn! That looks like everything you need but I'm no air ride expert. For four stacks it better be all you need lol.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

The coilovers Will (ivory8g) has is what I would go with if I had a need right now.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Or u can save some cash & go with the coil over sleeves.
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

Quote Originally Posted by GWAPS View Post
    I don't think so. Regular coilovers will do just fine.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    doesnt sound like something who is "gwap stackin" would say haha

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

A bit off topic,

Just what is a "gwap"?

Quote Originally Posted by BadderKarma View Post
    ... I Don't This The Ksport is coilovers. This Is What I Was Looking At. Any Opinions? And If I Purchase This, Do I Need To Buy Anything Else?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ksport-Airte...1cb68d&vxp=mtr
    first off those are not coilovers, that is air ride (no matter how the auction is labled). air ride makes ride height instantly adjustable (lower and raise car on the fly) but there are draw backs in handling and ride comfort, just so u know what you are getting into. full coilovers are also ride height adjustable but you will have to stop and wrench them to raise and lower (most require you to remove the wheels to access the height adjustment threads/collars/locks).

personally i would avoid ksport. look into more reputable air ride companies that make kits for our platform (USDM 8g galant / 3g eclipse). top of the line is probably AIR RUNNER.

not without replacing the stock dampers w/ short body units, since stock length dampers would blow quickly and most likely bottom out often. the problem is for our platform, short body dampers and good adjustable springs (i would only recommend GROUND CONTROL in that category) would cost as much or more than a complete coilover kit (which would include short body dampers).

Quote Originally Posted by BadderKarma View Post

Btw This Is It.
    FYI, if you were ever curious about the history of the creation of your front bumper, it is called the "TGC" bumper and was made in conjunction w/ members of TGC and a body kit company in an attempt to copy the JDM aftermarket bumper that i have (the body kit company added some other styling twist of their own though in their interpretation). a member of ours named "Z" actually had the original mold made on his car and the original prototype was made off that mold:

the matching sides and rear that never actually made it to production:

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    A bit off topic,

Just what is a "gwap"?

Its slang for Money.
    Stackin gwap means your ballin or saving for a big thing like all cash on a million dollar house or Enzo.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    the "TGC" bumper was made in conjunction w/ members of TGC
    do they still ake this bumper? id forgotten all about it its the first time i seen it fully painted installed on a g.