The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dashlight color choice

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Dashlight color choice

After looking at some threads about changing the cluster color i wonder which color would look better a full red cluster or a half red half blue

I would personally stick with one color. The inconsistency would look terrible IMO.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Imo two colors would look bad. Another concern is, how distracting would it be? May be a little, may be alot.

The red cluster would look great.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

I like my red and blue cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJambo View Post
    I like my red and blue cluster.

Wo what lights did you use? that is super cool ! yeah i want something like that except maybe opposite colour s like red bars

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Wo what lights did you use? that is super cool ! yeah i want something like that except maybe opposite colour s like red bars
    It's Afla Otto reverse glow gauges with the 6 smd style red led lights in the cluster to make the needles glow red. If you want an all red dash I would suggest using red smd leds.

I think these leds would work best to give you all red gauges at night.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180939897489...84.m1423.l2649

To be completely honest, in my opinion, I don't care for the all one color look for gauges. It looks like cars did in the 80s and early 90s when dash colors where pretty much either all green or all red. I like the way multi-color gauges with white or blue or light blue look. It has a very modern look, which is why I went with the gauges I have. They're clean, no logos, no crazy fonts. Just simple and modern looking. Plus you never get hot or cold spots with reverse glow gauges. The light is perfectly even like on all the brand new cars. But it's your ride and you should do it up exactly how you like it. If you choose to do all red then post a pic, I would still love to see what it looks like.
    Last edited by AmericanJambo; 08-19-2012 at 09:39 AM

ok cool darn i purchased these last night http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-T10-W5...ht_3720wt_1196 but i will post pictures after they come in , for now im just doing all red then later i hope to do the outsides white and the tachometer red

ok cool darn i purchased these last night http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-T10-W5...ht_3720wt_1196 but i will post pictures after they come in , for now im just doing all red then later i hope to do the outsides white and the tachometer red
    I can tell you that your dash is going to be pretty dim with those leds and have hot and cold spots. I would just go ahead and order some different leds because you're not going to be too happy with those. Red leds are much dimmer the white leds so to get proper brightness you'll really need multi-smd leds.

In terms of multi-colored indicators you're not going to be able to get the effect that you want with different color leds. You're going to need to do reverse glow gauge overlays to get a multi-colored effect. I don't know of any set that has an all red tach and white for everything else. The options are pretty limited when it comes to gauges. You have about 6 or 7 different options in total for reverse glow gauges from what I can tell. Although you could probably mix and match the gauges from different sets if you wanted. Not sure how that would look and you'd need to buy at least two complete sets but it's possible.
    Last edited by AmericanJambo; 08-19-2012 at 05:25 PM

Last time I will say this, but ledwholesalers.com go to auto and get the smd light for the dash and a/c cotrols and stuff I have them all in my car and all lights ibn my dash no hotspots they have waram and cold white and red and blue PM me if u want a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    Last time I will say this, but ledwholesalers.com go to auto and get the smd light for the dash and a/c cotrols and stuff I have them all in my car and all lights ibn my dash no hotspots they have waram and cold white and red and blue PM me if u want a pick.
    I have their cool white 3 smd T5 leds in my climate control and the cigarette lighter. They're awesome. Bright clean white with no hot spots.

Here's a pic from when I installed them about 2 years ago.

damn i guess thats what i get for not researching more before i buy so i should get smd's? stronger led lights work better right that are multi directional? for now i wouldnt mind just having all red , my bulbs are getting sort of dim so i figured i might as well go with colored ones

damn i guess thats what i get for not researching more before i buy so i should get smd's? stronger led lights work better right that are multi directional? for now i wouldnt mind just having all red , my bulbs are getting sort of dim so i figured i might as well go with colored ones
    SMD leds aren't necessarily brighter but the have the advantage of having a wider field. The light is more evenly distributed. They are also smaller so they can fit multiple leds on a single application. A single smd led might not be brighter then a standard led but when they stack 6 or 8 or even 18 smd leds on a single bulb you get a full 360 degree field and it's much brighter over all.

Ledwholesalers here is my dash (view attachment)

Sorry my phone won't load the images I would need to text them to you.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJambo View Post
    SMD leds aren't necessarily brighter but the have the advantage of having a wider field. The light is more evenly distributed. They are also smaller so they can fit multiple leds on a single application. A single smd led might not be brighter then a standard led but when they stack 6 or 8 or even 18 smd leds on a single bulb you get a full 360 degree field and it's much brighter over all.
    oh so its to even out the light to eliminate hot and cold spots , ok i will try the leds once i get them and take pictures and depending on if the hot/cold spots are too severe i will get the smd's and reinstall the oem bulbs

oh so its to even out the light to eliminate hot and cold spots , ok i will try the leds once i get them and take pictures and depending on if the hot/cold spots are too severe i will get the smd's and reinstall the oem bulbs
    Exactly.

ok i got them in today and by them i mean the new lights that werent such crap i got white and red smd's but i guess i will have to get reverse glows since white make the origional gauges glow orange because of the thing thats inside the plastic
    Last edited by Vince; 09-12-2012 at 04:19 PM

im going to get 2 blue smd's in maybe a month or so so i might try white and blue instead but for now its doing good just need another red smd for the far right what do you guys think?