The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 7G Dash and Radio prob - HELP!

Showing results 1 to 1 of 1

Icon6 7G Dash and Radio prob - HELP!

I've been searching for years to find a solution. The top of my dash around the defroster vents has curled and cracked due to damage caused by mistreatment at a body shop. They have not stepped up to repair it and I have found it hard to get any useful info about repair. I tried getting info last year (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=46188) but the only two people tried to assist. One suggested full replacement and the other had a bangin' solution that would only work on a 8G - see the link above for an example.

Since you're reading this, do you know of a solution that can repair this issue on my 7G without becoming a money pit? I'm looking for something good - and that does NOT include a carpet dash cover!!!

Oh yeah, I replaced my stock radio with a Kenwood system but now I get random static, humm and electrical interference from car bumps, turning on the defroster or A/C, even revving the engine. I know it could be a filter or engine issue but every audio place I've been to so far is saying they can't or don't want to mess with this. I'm in So Cal and I've done with the bull from these guys. So if you know of a legit car audio guy who can fix the prob, then hook me up.

I really would appreciate your help!

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by dasd; 08-20-2012 at 04:32 PM Reason: typo