The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: license plate light rapidly flashing?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

license plate light rapidly flashing?

so the other day a friend told me my back license plate light was flashing how do i resolve this is it a fuse problem because it occured at the same time as my dome lights and alarm not working

first check bulb and socket. that light never flashes but is connected to a switch in the trunk to turn off when you open your trunk. that switch might also be a culprit but first things first; check the bulb and socket.

the bulb and socket are good , the light just flashes :(

did u check the fuses under the hood in the yellow fuse holder yet?

i apologize i have not checked that yet only the fuses under the dash i will do so tommorow when there is more light im still lacking a flashlight i will report back right away tommorow, thank you reelax !

are the rest of the parking lights flashing?

It's possible the filament in the bulb is burned out and it makes and loses contact with bumps and vehicle vibrations, try replacing it.

Also if a new bulb doesn't fix it, grab a multi meter and when it's doing this test both the 12v and ground wire to see which is the culprit, could be just a wiring issue.

it flashes when its completly still and its only the license plate bulb that flashes its a constant flash everytime i turn on my headlights

Are you using the correct wattage bulb? Are you using a LED bulb?

I have a led in my plate light too. One time, it flashed so fast, it was like a strobe light. I tried a regular bulb and it worked fine. I think you just need to change your bulb.
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

its fixed now it turns out the dome light fuse blew causing the license plate light to blink and the unlock/ lock to not work strange how the dome light fuse would affect all that

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    its fixed now it turns out the dome light fuse blew causing the license plate light to blink and the unlock/ lock to not work strange how the dome light fuse would affect all that
    do you have led lights for your dome ligh?

I've had an LED bulb for my license plate light for 4 years or so and never had a flashing issue.

Glad u figured it out.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

my dome lights are still oem since they arent super bright but i just left it on door mode and i closed all my doors and locked it the next morning it wouldnt unlock took me a few days but finally figured it was the dome light fuse causing everything . strange