The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: FSE Rising Rate FPR from RPW *Updated - PICS*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    can anyone help me out here? I just wanna understand FPRs a little better.

Hey I know chip is gone for a couple of weeks, but are these Fprs available yet? How much would on on these cost, and is it something I would want to do to a I4(no headers or exhaust yet)?

I am installing my FPR that I received from Vision next Friday, these pics will help alot. Thanks Chip.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

Hmmm, I ordered mine like last month and still haven't received it yet. Wonder if mine is in the mail too, lol.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Does that FPR fit the I4??
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    I think they have two versions. Just email Vision Imports or RPW for details.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>

Quote Originally Posted by TJC
    I think they have two versions. Just email Vision Imports or RPW for details.
    yea the i4 needs a special adaptor for installation. but yea just cnotect rpw or something like tjc said

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

They do make an I4 version, I believe RPW has one. Now I know that Obx has one that replaces the stock fpr and comes with everything you would need inorder to install the fpr

OK guys,
    I just installed the FPR and man what a difference. I had to rig it and use a T connector to tap the nitrous as well.

I left the shop and went down a few side streets to get on the freeway so I could really let it rip. I made a left onto the off ramp and gunned it and wow, the pickup of the galant just took off. By the time I was merging onto the freeway I noticed that i was almost doing 90mph. When you give it the extra gas there are no more flat spots were it lags between 65-75 (like I had before). I need to crank it up to 44psi like Chip mentions. Right now I am a little below that.

If anyone is planning on getting this, I would highly recommend it.

Matt
    Love,
    Matt

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>OK guys, Â*
    I just installed the FPR and man what a difference. Â*I had to rig it and use a T connector to tap the nitrous as well. Â*

I left the shop and went down a few side streets to get on the freeway so I could really let it rip. Â* I made a left onto the off ramp and gunned it and wow, the pickup of the galant just took off. Â* By the time I was merging onto the freeway I noticed that i was almost doing 90mph. Â*When you give it the extra gas there are no more flat spots were it lags between 65-75 (like I had before). Â*I need to crank it up to 44psi like Chip mentions. Â*Right now I am a little below that.

If anyone is planning on getting this, I would highly recommend it.

Matt</div>

dyno tune it, you may notice even more. Im not sure if chip noticed any different but I sure as hell did

yea dyno tune it. uhm i believe when chip got his tuned they kick his up somewher in the 70 psi range. but yea ur car will vary.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Actually when I had mine dyno'd they cranked it up to 60 PSI. It gave me one extra HP and about 2 pounds of torque. The problem I had with that is that my car was really hard to start after that because of the extra fuel in the cylinders. So I cranked it down to 50 PSI. Now it starts better. But yea, anywhere around 45 to 50 will take out your flat spots.

Chip
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

yea mine is around 48ish psi. remarkably coming out of 3rd at 110 doenst pull as strong but that flat spot around 3k-4.5k rpm is gone...

hey guys i just got mine today and had a question... i the 45-50 psi at idle or is the engine off??? thanks
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey guys i just got mine today and had a question... i the 45-50 psi at idle or is the engine off??? thanks</div>

If the engine is off, there isn't any fuel pressure. 8) But it's a good question. I set mine to 48-50 pounds at idle. On track days, I'd turn it up to 60psi, but be warned that may make your car harder to start.

WARNING! Be sure and disconnect the fuel pump relay under the hood, then continue to start the car until it will no longer starts before doing any fuel system work. This will release a lot of the pressure and clear the fuel out of the lines.
    Chip

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Anyone with an I4 have a pc of their setup. I have got mine "installed" I just wanna make sure it's right. pretty much I just have the return line running through the FPR. But the Gauge on it says lole high 48-50 psi. Thanks again.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>Anyone with an I4 have a pc of their setup. I have got mine "installed" I just wanna make sure it's right. pretty much I just have the return line running through the FPR. But the Gauge on it says lole high 48-50 psi. Thanks again.</div>

50 psi...whoa if I can remember correctly 55ish flooded the cylinder so be weary of where its set.

how do I adjust it? It didn't come with directions CHIP
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

okay just to make sure im gonna do this right the fuel passes the ruel rails runs past injectors, then goes to stock fpr and then runs through the adjustable fpr and then the tank... right??? sorry i bought a different one on ebay and the guy didnt email the instructions as he was suppose to...

ohhh yea where is the fuel pump relay??? is that just the fuse???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>how do I adjust it? It didn't come with directions CHIP</div>
    Sorry CJ. I thought a True Tuner could figure it out. Remove the 1/2 inch cap nut on the top of the unit. loosen the 1/2 inch locking nut you find under it. Turn the screw to raise or lower the fuel pressure. Then tighten the nut.

Chip
    Chip

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(krazienluv10)</div><div class='quotemain'>okay just to make sure im gonna do this right the fuel passes the ruel rails runs past injectors, then goes to stock fpr Â*and then runs through the adjustable fpr and then the tank... right??? sorry i bought a different one on ebay and the guy didnt email the instructions as he was suppose to... Â*

ohhh yea where is the fuel pump relay??? is that just the fuse???</div>
    Yes, you have exactly the right path. So it's the return hose you splice into.

Check your owners manual. On the V6, it's in the fuse box under the hood, and it's one of the front relays. There's a picture of an engine on the fusebox cover. And no, it's not a fuse, it's a relay.

Chip
    Chip

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast