The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: clutch slipping

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 50
    wait what?

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    Ok I'll try my best to explain it. You push the pedal, which pushes fluid to the slave, which in turns pushes the fork. The clutch has back pressure on it, we call that artificial feel, and basically what happens is every time you push, you fill the slave up with more fluid, though tiny amount, because as the clutch wears, the fingers on the pressure plate begin to flatten out. So, since the fingers don't push the slave rod in as much as a new clutch does, thats why they have a self adjusting slave to make up for the slack. Same concept applies to brake calipers
    So how does the self adjusting slave has anything to do with anything her?? Galanttuner keeps bringing it up like its an issue. Unless I'm missing something.
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    the slave needs to remain self adjusting or the clutch pedal will never feel the same as the clutch wears and it could lead to premature wear. so in short yes it is an issue. the slave self adjusts so the clutch always feels the same no matter how worn the disc is so the driver has the same feedback everytime you press the pedal.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    the slave needs to remain self adjusting or the clutch pedal will never feel the same as the clutch wears and it could lead to premature wear. so in short yes it is an issue. the slave self adjusts so the clutch always feels the same no matter how worn the disc is so the driver has the same feedback everytime you press the pedal.
    But u can't control the slave in anyway or shape. It's self adjusting on its own and that's it. How can it not be self adjusting anymore?? Unless it's defected.
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

well the guy in the video was sayin there is a valve in the master cyl that when your pedal is adjusted wrong it doesnt allow fluid to go in and out of the res. but i dont think mine has one.

I adjusted the pedal so its all the way out and tested it and it feels about the same except the pedal is out another inch lol, i dont like it, but anyway i will test it more later.

think i need a new disk or pressure plate. probably preasure plate cause i cant see how a clutch could wear that quick.

there is a valve in the master that allows the slave to be self adjusting, its not the slave itself that is self adjusting. did you adjust the master rod yet? and is it always slipping or only flooring it or hi rpms. and its prolly a disc as pressure plates can handle a good amount of abuse. this procedure is to make sure the hydraulic system is in check and if there is an issue after its time to drop the trans
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

did you hop under the car and try pushing the slave in by hand yet? idk y everyone has an issue with this as i told another 7ger how to do it and he said there was no nut but if you dont know what ur looking for you will never find it.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

i adjusted the pedal, it did nothing except make my pedal up higher.
    i cannot move the clutch cyl unless i use a lot of pressure, there is no way i could do it with just my thumb.

It slips when flooring it, and when in 4th and 5th under 2.5k rpm.
    it is quite annoying and is killing my mpg since i have to stay in 4th until 60.

i appreciate all the help btw.

If you can't push the slave in with your thumb then the bleeder valve is blocked and if you adjust the rod you may get lucky. When I adjusted my clutch this way, the car shifted so much better. Haven't had to readjust since. Wish you were closer cuz I would come do it
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

hmmm im going to have to figure out whats wrong, because i definitely cant push the slave in. and i think my clutch is dragging a tiny bit now too... great....

i dunno if this will help, but my previous car "97 accord" had the hydro clutch and had the feel of it slipping a bit, i went through and searched to no avail couldnt figure it out, turned out my trans fluid was low like i said i dont know much about the mitsu, since i just got mine and its an auto but i thought it may help if you havnt checked.

and its also possible you my have a defective cyl. esp. if its aftermarket, id try a used one from a salvage yard just to rule it out, or just go and look at one to see if theres a difference in operation...

yea i was thinking about picking up an oem one, and i will top it off too to see if that helps.
    and re-bleed it also.

just thought i would put this here for future refrence:
    http://www.4g63turbo.com/tech/eclips...djustment.html

pretty sure my master cyl is a pice of junk! cause the push rod is out all the way and i cant push the slave rod in.
    rrr... exedy master cyl is $20 and oem is $130.....
    Last edited by dknight3; 08-26-2012 at 10:35 PM

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    yea i was thinking about picking up an oem one, and i will top it off too to see if that helps.
    and re-bleed it also.

just thought i would put this here for future refrence:
    http://www.4g63turbo.com/tech/eclips...djustment.html

pretty sure my master cyl is a pice of junk! cause the push rod is out all the way and i cant push the slave rod in.
    rrr... exedy master cyl is $20 and oem is $130.....
    check the local salvage yard, most cars will have working oem master cyl, may need a cleaning but prolly worth the savings

An oem master will not make a difference as they are all designed to work the same
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Yea I know there made to do the same, I said he should get oem because of quality really

You know that oem is made by an outside company to begin with right? He needs to loosen that nut and back the rod out cuz its too far in cuz he can't push the slave in. Fly me out there Thursday I'm off and I'll do it lol
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    You know that oem is made by an outside company to begin with right? He needs to loosen that nut and back the rod out cuz its too far in cuz he can't push the slave in. Fly me out there Thursday I'm off and I'll do it lol
    dude you are not listening, i backed the rod out as far as it goes, my pedal is sticking up like 2 inches above the brake pedal and i still cant push the slave cyl in, im pretty sure its a defective master cyl.

im just gunna get the exedy for 20, f it.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    dude you are not listening, i backed the rod out as far as it goes, my pedal is sticking up like 2 inches above the brake pedal and i still cant push the slave cyl in, im pretty sure its a defective master cyl.

im just gunna get the exedy for 20, f it.
    Where did u find the exedy for $20??
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Listen man don't tell me I'm not listening, adjusting the rod doesn't change the pedal height at all, only backing out the pedal stop does. You say you tried turning the rod right? Did you ever turn it the other way? If you are on your stomach looking at the master if you can't push the slave you need to turn the rod itself like you are loosening a bolt until you can push the slave then tighten little by little to get the max fluid movement
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast