The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help with coilovers

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar

help with coilovers

For those of you that are low do you get any noises up front? I'm basically maxing out and I get noises like crazy everything is bolted up right and tight. Car was fine till I decided to lower it more any suggestions would help thanks

-Carlos
    Last edited by 99galantES; 08-23-2012 at 08:36 AM

«Carlos»

axles are probably not seated in the pot properly from being so low, u can try the v6 washer trick, which puts a bigger washer behind the hub to push the axle further into the pot....its not as common for i4's but it happens, talk to Corey, i think he went thru this fix before as well

Ok I'll try that but the noise is more of a clunky noise when I take a bump

«Carlos»

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    ball joints,, tie rods, sway bar links, bushings or a severly worn wheel bearing. the stock suspension is soft enough to mask the issues, but when you stiffen it up you wear things faster and being low wears things faster so jack the front the the car up and put it on stands then with the tire on grab it at 9 and 3 o clock and try and move it and if it moves inspect the tie rod then grab it at 6 and 12 and do the same thing and if that moves it inspect the ball joints. if neither move it take the wheel off and start prying on things to check for excessive play.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Will also try that out even though everything is almost new but doesn't hurt to check

«Carlos»

Check out your sway bar links, its really common especially if you are lowered 3"+

Another thing to note is did you tighten up the spring perch with a screwdriver and a hammer? My d2 manual says to do that or you will get clunking

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

I have new moog links and no I did not do that I will try to get some videos up later of the noise and how everything looks once I get out of work I'm running BC coilovers if it matters

«Carlos»

I just message you back on FB. I had a clunk but it went away after awhile. Never found out what it was and never changed anything