The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Quick question about aftermarket stereo

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Quick question about aftermarket stereo

Hi guys, just picked up an 04 galant with the infinity stereo system. I am going to be installing a aftermarket head unit (most likely pioneer), and I have one question about the installation. I did some research and it seems the best way to go if I want to keep the stock speakers and amp would be to use the Metra 70-7003 Mitsubishi Amp Integration Harness
    I was just wondering if the stock sub would still work while using a pioneer head unit with the amp integration harness.

Thanks

Everything should still work if you use that harness.

Just make sure the deck you buy has enough RCA outputs for that integration harness and you should be golden.

Great, thanks for the info.

So I got my stereo and the Metra 70-7003 integration kit, but there is no connection that will work with the rca cables with the round connector an the other end. All there are is 3 white rectangular connections coming from the amp.(one large and 2 smaller) So this metra integration harness does not look like it will work. Anyone have any advice to incorporate the stock amp?
    Last edited by sdaztecs24; 09-14-2012 at 06:30 PM

Post a picture of what you have, and what "plugs" you are talking about.

Alright so here are some pictures of what I have.

The metra wire harness

Connections behind stereo(from amp I'm assuming)

Back of stock Infinity stereo

I can clearly see that harness will not work for you. Usually that is the application. I honestly don't know why yours is different. The signal wires going to the amp are going to be in the white harness between the power connector and antennas. The only way I see this working (other than an amp bypass) is to splice into the harness directly.

Okay thanks for the help. I guess I'm going to go ahead and try to splice into the harness. My question is do I cut the round end off of the rca cables and splice those into the harness(and connect the power of course), or use the white rectangular connection with the speaker wires?

Thanks
    Last edited by sdaztecs24; 09-15-2012 at 12:18 PM

This process is gonna take some time to complete so be very patient. Also it gonna involve accurate wiring to work properly. Yes you will need to cut the round end and strip the wires out, use multimeter to check continuity to find which wire goes where on the RCA side.

Going to be attempting to get this all hooked up tomorrow. Have had no time due to school and work. For anyone that has the same situation as me, infinity head unit mn141260, here is the wiring information. Will update with specific wire colors when finished with install.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Finished the install and everything sounds great. Next project is to hook up my sub I had in my truck before I got this car. For anyone who is interested, here are the wiring details for the 2004 galant ls.

Amp wiring from harness next to antenna
    Amp turn on -Pink
    Ground -Brown
    Ground -Brown/White
    Front Left(+) -White/Blue
    Front Left(-) -Orange/Blue
    Front Right(+) -Red
    Front Right(-) -Green
    Rear Left(+) -White (will be next to orange in harness)
    Rear Left(-) -Orange
    Rear Right(+) -White (will be next to black in harness)
    Rear Right(-) -Black