The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 8g exhaust on a 7g? Will it work?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

8g exhaust on a 7g? Will it work?

My galant is finally coming together. And I only have a few more things to go before it is street worthy. However, I noticed that I have rust issues with the rearward portion of the factory exhaust. :-(

I know the 7g/avenger/Sebring coupe/8g all have the same wheel base and rear suspension, but I'm unsure weather or not the 8g exhaust is interchangeable into the earlier cars. Can anyone help me? Has it been done?
    96 eclipse rs
    99 spyder gs(sold)
    95 galant es

its routed to the other side of the car...the 8g exhaust outputs on the drivers side of the car, whereas the 7g exhaust outputs on the passenger side

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QnzMostWanted View Post
    its routed to the other side of the car...the 8g exhaust outputs on the drivers side of the car, whereas the 7g exhaust outputs on the passenger side
    Denver you're slipping man. 7g is drivers side as well. If you want a nice 3 inch exhaust with a smooth tone I suggest a 2g GST exhaust, fits nice just needs slight extending near the muffler. I had it non turbo and it was amazing then if you ever go turbo you are set, but any 2g GST exhaust will work
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    Denver you're slipping man. 7g is drivers side as well. If you want a nice 3 inch exhaust with a smooth tone I suggest a 2g GST exhaust, fits nice just needs slight extending near the muffler. I had it non turbo and it was amazing then if you ever go turbo you are set, but any 2g GST exhaust will work
    damn, u right, my 6g got me all messed up these days lol

Thanks! I knew it had to be Extended when using an eclipse/talon, wasn't sure where exactly. I asked because I have an opportunity to get an 8g cat back for a steal.

Lol. I had a brain lapse and had to go check after reading this. Lol
    96 eclipse rs
    99 spyder gs(sold)
    95 galant es

Buy the one for the 8g as a steal and then sell it on here for a profit. Make you some cash. I can promise someone will pic it up from you.
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!