The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ATTN:BGR,Manybrews,Reelax, Pinoy &other experienced memb

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

ATTN:BGR,Manybrews,Reelax, Pinoy &other experienced memb

Alright, yall - I'm bout to get my 60k maintenace tomorrow morning, so I would like some input by 5:30 before I take off home - In order to know what I definitely need and what I dont need, I need some advice!! I've seen different prices here, different prices there for different service costs done to the galants.I wish I had a scanner, to scan this damn maintenance schedule!!

Alright #1 - package price $173.70
    INCLUDES:
    ((( :?: )))=means is it a must @ 60k????

- :arrow: -change engine oil & filter, top off fluids (((((dont need)))))

- :arrow: -rotate tires ((((((don't need)))))))

-- :arrow: inspect disc brake pads for wear. check brake hoses for deterioraton & leaks. inspect drive shaft boots for grease leaks & damage.....(( :?)

- :arrow: -check condition of drive belts (for generator, water pump & power steering pump) - -

- :arrow: -change tranny oil (automatic & manual) (((((?????)

-- :arrow: check condition of fuel hoses (((( :?: ))))
    - :arrow: -replace engine air filter ((((((dont need)))))

- :arrow: -inspect ball joint & steering linkage seals for grease leaks & damage ((( :?: ))))

:arrow: --check & service exhaust (((( :?: ))))

That's the package, now the extra cost comes :!: :!: :arrow:

:arrow: replace standard spark plugs - 4 cyl. - ADD $59.95
    (I assume that doesn't include the spark plug wires)

:arrow: Inspect rear drum brake linings & rear wheel cylinders for wears and leaks ((((I assume I wont need this))) :?: ADD $35

:arrow: change the coolant - -ADD $51.95 - - (Since I got the car brand new a bout 1 1/2 ago, this is the thing i regretfully skipped!! - (I was gonna wait til' I have my front end fixed due to my accident-need new radiator)

:arrow: replace igniton cables - ADD $90 - (((is this a must or otherwise known as the plug wires))) :?:

:arrow: Inspect distributor cap & rotor ADD $40
    also, check fuel system for leaks etc.!

:arrow: TRransmission Flush service $128.95 - -

:arrow: replace fuel filter ADD $60 ((( :?: )))

Now, what I would Like to know, is hwat things/services can I uncheck that does not have to be done? - -

Keep in mind I'm at 53k, but the only reason I'm gettin' it done earlier, is so they take $90 away from the total bill from the OBD III test they did, when my ses light came on, and they found it was a cylinder misfire, so they explained that if i come back within 30 days, they would subtract that cost, feel me!!

Now, I dont got that cheddar just lying round my crib orin the bank - - hard time for the past year I've been going through w/ the gov't/law about some shit i got into not too long ago (cost me a lot of $$$$)! So, I jusrt want to get done what has to get done, mainly the tranny flush, spark plugs for now, and others, which I'm not sure about and thats why i posted this right here, so some of yall more experienced members can help a chico out, know what I mean!!!
    Semper Fi'

damn, hopefully someone will get at this by 5:30 today, cuz i'ma bounce in the moroning to do this!!

Help a chico avoid unneeded costs!

lol - i can't believe this shit, i sound like a lil' boy beggin' for some candy!

whoever answers - good lookin' out and its appreciated, feel me!!!

oh, the timing belt & water pump will be done when i hit 60k!

one to TGC - - i know my post ^ up above is long, so bear w/ it!
    Semper Fi'

I'm not one to add my .02 cents on the topic of maintenance as I have about the same amount of miles as you and I have never had any scheduled maintenance service done on my Galant. It still runs like a champ. Althought, last October when I had the brake pads changed, I got a transmission flush. I think you ought to just have the check ups (timing belt, distributor, wires, etc.) and have your tranny fluid & radiator flushed, spark plugs changed and that's pretty much it.

yeah i figured that for now, B - but just want to make sure if any of those other lil' things/maintenance is a neccesity to have done!!! hey, thanks Rich for your input!
    Semper Fi'

Tiptronic
    i would say the best thing to do is follow the maintenance book to the letter. cant go wrong. now if you know you just had an oil change and stuff like that, you can scratch it off your list

now if your money is tight, and you really want to keep in pace with the proper intervals, telll the mechanics what youre working with, and have them tell you what is the most important to keep you RUNNING until you get the rest.

wish i could be more help.

I FEEL ya ant - yeah, i wasn't planning on gettin' an oil change or tire rotation, cuz thats taken care of already, u know!!

what i wanted to know is what stuff can I scratch off my list that i really won't need!! :?: :idea: :?: well, lets i got about 4 billz to work with right now, u know, gotta save up another $450 for the t.belt and who knows how much the water pump will cost me!

good lookin' out ANthony
    Semper Fi'

im looking @ that package and its mostly inspecting things and simple things that any competant mechanic can do. like change the air filter. if u wanna save money get your trusted certified mechanic to do all those checks and if there is something wrong then work from there. except for changing the tranny oil.

now for the extras. yea all those inspecting shit i'd do for safe practice unless u got them service recently. like brakes and stuff. uhm one thing i did notice is that the package includes changing the tranny oil and then u got for the extras flushing the transmission and yea flushing the tranny is a good way of changing the tranny oil.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

WELL, then as of now this is what i am "NOT" getting done!!!

:arrow: -change engine oil & filter, top off fluids (((((dont need)))))

- :arrow: -rotate tires ((((((don't need)))))))

- :arrow: - inspect disc brake pads for wear. check brake hoses for deterioraton & leaks. inspect drive shaft boots for grease leaks & damage.....(( ))

:arrow: Inspect rear drum brake linings & rear wheel cylinders for wears and leaks ((((I assume I wont need this))) ADD $35

:arrow: change the coolant - -ADD $51.95 - - (Since I got the car brand new a bout 1 1/2 ago, this is the thing i regretfully skipped!! - (I was gonna wait til' I have my front end fixed due to my accident-need new radiator)

- :arrow: replace engine air filter ((((((can do that myself)))))

change tranny oil (automatic & manual) (((((?????)

How does that look ^ up there!! any of those i should get checked/done?

:!: :!: NOW what I'm confused about now is this - -should i get these checked/done :?: ::::

:idea: replace igniton cables - ADD $90 - (((is this a must or otherwise known as the plug wires)))

:idea: Inspect distributor cap & rotor ADD $40
    also, check fuel system for leaks etc.!

replace fuel filter ADD $60

all the others, i'm getting done for sure like the tranny flush; spark plugs n wires most def.!!!!

thanks pinoy for that info you gave me!
    Semper Fi'

well, it looks like i'ma be leaving work - so, i dont know if i'll be able to get up on TGC again tonight--->depends if the laptop works or acts up, but still reallly slow connection - page me up if anyone got any input -
    1-404-743-6316 and i'll call u back long distance or not - one

happy easter to all and good friday - my lil' mans on vacation right now in jacksonville :cry: lol -

be safe tgc'erz
    Semper Fi'

Faction
    ok you know what this really pisses me off, i've asked this question before and only 3 people responded to me compared to this one. thats not right

where the hell is the timing belt? thats easily one of the most important things that NEEDS to be done.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>where the hell is the timing belt? Â*thats easily one of the most important things that NEEDS to be done.</div>
    Yea manybrews, I was gonna ask the same thing. Also, on an I-4, isn't it a distributorless ignition? The plug wires take all of 5 minutes and the coilpacks rarely go bad. So yea, I'm confused. King, I'm sorry I didn't get back to you soon enough man.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

hey manybrews & chip, i said i'm gonna get my 60k done when i hit 60k miles, right now i'm @ 53k, so today i got the 60k service, transmission power flush, spark plugs (reg.), except tire rotation & balance, oil change etc., air filter change all for $210!!!!

so, to me, i got a a good deal, if you know what i mean!!!

$210, feel me

next @ 60k is the timing belt and water pump, if it has any leaks for a total of $650, the big shit!!! but, gotta say thisshit, i nust admit that i feel the difference after the tranny flush & spark plugs!!!! it doesn't hesitate as much when accelerating, know what i mean!!!h any nispelled wordz, i'm on my mofo gateway laptop and the screen is cracked!!

if you look at my earlier post i stated what i needed and what i didn't needed!!!!

hey, thanks for all yall homiez input on my topic!!! appreciate it!!

need anytrhing done, holla at me!!

king a.k.a ray-ray
    Semper Fi'

i really haven't followed strict maintenace and i break things all the time. i usually just get it fixed at the dealership. when i hit 60K i did the full deal and it cost me almost $1300 (i had to get one of my rear wheel bearings replaced as well). i have the oil changed every 3000 or so miles w/ mobil 1. my car is running strong as ever so when i hit 75K (which will b next month) i will have them re-inspect and fix whatever needs fixing. sorry bro, i know im not too much help.

listen to manybrews, a timing belt is the MOST IMPORTANT thing to do @ 60k miles

damn, hey cold, read my first post, yo - i stated again and again i was gonna get the t. belt & water pump @ 60k, i'm only at 53k and some, feel me!!! thanks anywayz - lol
    Semper Fi'