The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stayer. Turbo kit for 4G69

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 83

Stayer. Turbo kit for 4G69

Hi, guys! In this topic, I want to tell you about the turbo project. You may ask: "And how is supercharger?" I will answer. Supercharger very noisy. To me this is not much like it. Who happens to 4G forum have already read this topic. I want to tell you how it's done, how to do a calculation and selection of components. I want to remind you, I don't know English, so I write through the electronic translator. Don't blame much, if something is not clear, you'd better ask about it. So, let's begin...
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

Many tuners built turbo, then calculated power and etc. However, this is not the right approach. Correctly first, calculate, and then to build the engine. There are a few simple points.
    1) Initial settings. (what we have before construction)
    2) the Desired result (the one that we want to get)
    3) Calculation (we consider the air, fuel, power etc.)
    4) Selection of the components (turbine, parts, etc.)
    5) Installation (actually Assembly)
    6) setup (ECU, pressure, fuel, etc.)
    That's it for this scheme will work.

1)Initial settings. So, what we have? Engine code: 4G69
    Size: 2.4 L (2378 QC)
    Cylinder: 87 mm
    Stroke: 100 mm
    Power: 160 HP. (117 kW) at 5750 rpm. with 158 ft·lbf (215 N·m) at 4000 rpm.
    Compression ratio : 9,5
    MFI fuel injection,
    4 valves per cylinder.
    Valves without the hydro-compensators.
    Automatic gearbox F4A4B.
    For the beginning of these parameters are sufficient.

2) the Desired result.
    Oh, this item is always causes a lot of disputes. the voices of the people hundreds of horsepower. But not all people understand that they can use them. You can build any engine. And 400, and 500, and 1000 HP, etc.
    However, any increase shall entail significant spending. This relates primarily to the engine itself. Need to strengthen the pistons, rods, gear box, transmission, etc. The total amount of construction is increasing to infinity. Therefore, we must descend from the heavens to the earth and calculate what you can do.

If you leave the stock parts, we can boldly say - 100 HP per liter volume. Go back to step 1. The volume of 2378cc. Thus, the safe capacity will reach 238 hp. A further increase will require strengthening of the engine and the transmission.
    However, if the purpose of the project is to leave all part of the stock, then there is another option. This is the performance of the injectors. There are formulas for calculating the performance. They take into account the number of cylinders, pressure fuel pump, duty cycle,the losses of fuel (B.S.F.C.). However, I want to offer another, more simple way.
    If the duty cycle is equal to 90%, fuel rail pressure of 3 bar.
    The power can be calculated as: the Size of the injector : 5.25 x number of cylinders.
    Stock size 4G69 injector = 275 cc.
    275 : 5.25 x 4 = 209.5
    Thus, the stock injectors, will be able to secure the capacity of 210 HP.
    That is, if you take the injectors for example from 6G75 = 305cc. 305 : 5.25 x 4 = 232 HP.

You think 210 HP is very little? Believe me, it will be a very fast car. Is much faster than a stock V6. Because it is important not only power as such. We must take into account the weight of the vehicle and a gear ratio gearbox. I stopped at the power of 210 HP.
    Now you need to make the calculation of the air.

You first need to calculate basic air flow N/A. This is done by the formula.
    Basic air flow = V x rpm x 0.5 x E / 1000000
    where, V - volume (cc), rpm - (6000) 0.5 - of 0.5 means that the four-stroke engine air in the cylinder comes only at the time of one turnover of the two. E - filling ratio (0.85). The number of 1000000 serves to convert cc to cubic meters.
    2378 x 6000 x 0.5 x 0.85 /1000000 = 6.06 m3/min
    This is a basic air flow N/A 4G69 MIVEC engine. Remember this number.
    filling ratio for motors without systems (MIVEC, VTEC, VVTi) = 0.8

Now we need to calculate the required pressure. To do this, we use the formula.
    Rated power = the initial power x (the boost pressure /atmospheric pressure)
    Make an equation.
    210 = 160 x ( X / 1 bar)
    210 = 160 x X
    X = 210 / 160
    X = 1.31bar (absolute pressure = atmospheric pressure + boost pressure
    For achievement of the power 210 hp need to 0.31 bar (4.5 psi) boost pressure

The next step is the calculation of the air flow with the turbocharged. This is done by the formula
    air flow turbo = boost pressure x basic air flow
    1.31 x 6.06 = 7.94 m3/min
    To convert m3/min to a more correct term kg/min, m3/min should be multiplied by the density of the air at a height of geographic location (sorry, inscriptions in Russian)

Now you can choose a turbocharger. We know the air flow. In the specification of turbochargers is, the parameter of consumption. It is expressed - kg per second. The weight of air per minute / 60 seconds = supply air (It is possible for English it sounds different)
    7.94 / 60 = 0.13 kg per second
    Now I take the directory and find the desired me turbocharger
    I would like to say that in the metric system measure the speed of the flow kg/s. However, in the directories for the turbo this parameter is specified as lb/min. If you know of pressure and air flow (mass), you can find the turbine. To do this, open directory, for example Garrett Products | Turbochargers
    Now you need to select the turbocharger. I translated metric values its turbo. 0.13 kg/s = 17.2lb/min. As you remember absolute pressure = 1.31 bar
    Open performance map. We need to find a compressor to the intersection of lines air flow (17.2lb/min) and pressure (1.31 bar), were in the center of the oval.
    Thus, if I bought Garrett, then I would chose GT2560R.

Even some of the members 4G forums asked me to calculate the engine 6G75MIVEC , to get the 400 HP. This will be retained without change gearbox. I have made a calculation.
    Pressure 0.53 bar (7.7psi), Absolute pressure 1.53 bar
    Injectors 6 x 360cc
    Basic air flow 9.76 kg/min (21.52 lb/min)
    Air consumption with the turbo 14.93 kg/min (32.92 lb/min)
    Thus, if 1 turbocharger, the optimal choice of GT3582R 1.06A/R

For the application of twin turbo, the optimal choice of 2 turbochargers GT2252

I want to say, the pressure is higher 6psi, requires the use of the cooler. The cooler will take away a portion of the pressure, so when choosing a chargers, pressure is slightly higher than estimated.

This is a very small compressor. This will avoid the lag. It occupies very little space.

There is one more option. Compression ratio. The boost pressure is very low. So no change in the engine does not have to. However, I want to give a formula for the calculation.
    the total compression ratio = compression ratio + (boost pressure) in square
    9.5 + (0.31x0.31) = 9.6
    As you can see, nothing will not need to change.
    if you calculates high boost pressure, for example 1.5 bar (21psi)
    9.5 + (1.5x1.5) = 11.75
    in this case it is necessary to reduce the CR.

Turbocharger always have the map. You can see the flow of air on the map. Each charger has its own bandwidth. That is, you can't raise the pressure indefinitely. For example, look at this map. On the left side of the chart, the air flow, pressure from below. As you can see, after 2 bar, the flow is not increased.

At first I wanted to make the exhaust manifold of the stock manifold. Here are a few pics of how it was. But then I had to make another manifold.

However, when I installed the exhaust manifold, he rests in the fan cover. So I decided to make a new exhaust.

I want to tell you to do as a new exhaust manifold. I bought the elbows and tees from heat-resistant steel (wall thickness 4 mm) And also cut industrial laser 3 parts (12 mm thickness)
    To work will require argon welding.

I take tees and doing customized.

Each part of the individual. Therefore, folded the puzzle of the parts are welded argon environment.

The next stage, to make the flange to the turbocharger. This is done from the tee. You need to cut the middle part of the exhaust manifold.

You can now clear the welding seams.

And weld flanges. Seams to impose from the inside.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast