The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stayer. Turbo kit for 4G69

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 83
    Made only half of the story. Now we must make slots for O2 sensors. Mill the surface of the pairing. Make the view. I also want to say that I bought the other turbocharger. It is more suitable for my project. But one must make a remote wastegate valve.

Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

made two slots for O2 sensors.

On the new turbocharger no valve wastegate. Therefore it is necessary to make external valve. I bought it. Bore diameter of 44 mm. Only after that you can continue the manufacture of exhaust manifold.

The valve wastegate is very large. He is even more than the turbocharger.

Then simply customization.

I graduated from the welding work. Now we must make the view. For this we need to use blasting.

After sandblasting parts look like this

The next step. Part of the warm up up to 300 C. And dipped in a special acid solution. This gives protection of metal from corrosion and dark in color.

Now you can mill the surface. And put the laser its logo. Then you can place on EBay. Heh-heh-heh.

Laser logo.

Now the exhaust manifold is ready. You can continue.

Soon it will earn in full force. 01082012036 - YouTube

At the moment the turbocharger is blowing into the atmosphere.

I started to do the inlet pipe. The first step, cutting parts in size. Further, the welding works.

So it looks like.

Now it is necessary to protect the turbocharger.
    I bought a blow off valve.
    Do flanges.

Now the intake tract ready. I haven't done a beautiful appearance. I will do it later. Now the task is to write a program control of the motor.

killed a whole day to set up. The first attempt failed. Now tell. I wrote a program for the engine. Reflash ECU. Started the engine, everything works. Went to test the car. Immediately, from the first meters of the car very powerfully accelerated. I was very happy. I think we should try to maximum acceleration. Press the pedal to the end. The car breaks off with a squeal of tires. Pressure on the instrument jumps to 14 psi. Then there was a Bang and the engine stalls. Thought that exploded something. Open the hood. Here's what I see. Exploding plastic cover.

I took off the cover. Installed the plug on a rubber tube. And went back again to test the car. Again all is well. The attempt to maximum acceleration. Again something popped and the engine stalls. Open the hood, now I see it. Burst rubber tube.

That's much worse. I had to go to tow up to my repair shop.

I wanted to maximize the use of OEM parts. However, the safety relief valve was not adjusted and I made a high pressure.
    I never give up before the problems. I made metal intake tract. Today again I will adjust the engine, now everything works.

The program for the control of the turbo written. Now you need to make the final look and torque stand. However, not all so is simple. I don't like how that is done at the moment. First of all you should install the intercooler. This will reduce the temperature of the air and increase density. I bought a cooler, but it is still on the way to me. The second task, to make the intake tract before the turbocharger. The thing is that I measured the temperature of the air in the stock air filter and when Dryflow filter.
    Result: stock 56C (132F), dryflow 71C (159F) .This is an occasion to think, those who establish themselves dryflow filter.
    So I decided to make housing for the stock filter.

The stock filter housing consists of two parts. I need to rotate the housing by 90 degrees. I left that part in which the MAF sensor. The second part is to be made.

I took dimensions and cut metal. Then turned down on bending machine.

And carry out welding work.

Make a box to filter.

Install a latch. That's the way it will be.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast