The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: uh oh!

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Showing results 941 to 960 of 1335
    Haha yeah I am pretty docile driving around and am doing a combo of city/highway. Mostly highway though that's why. With a few low gear pulls of course.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Wait tumbler is still auto?

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

Yup! Haha. I kinda like it for the time being
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    ^Womp womp lol
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

I hope I don't jinx by asking this, but how is the auto holding. I had to rebuild mine shortly after taking ownership..I didn't even have a maf adapter+filter yet iirc lol. But then again I wasnt given any records of prior tranny maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    ^Womp womp lol
    Haha! It will eventually get swapped!

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    I hope I don't jinx by asking this, but how is the auto holding. I had to rebuild mine shortly after taking ownership..I didn't even have a maf adapter+filter yet iirc lol. But then again I wasnt given any records of prior tranny maintenance.
    It holds really well. A lot of people ask me about it. The killer would be torque. I tune my cars to have smooth onset of torque and hold flat. Not a giant spike and taper. That is what breaks stuff. That way I can stomp the gas and get a nice surge. The car accelerates like a big motor car not the typical turbo car ^_^
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Quote Originally Posted by Ivory8g View Post
    Haha! It will eventually get swapped!

It holds really well. A lot of people ask me about it. The killer would be torque. I tune my cars to have smooth onset of torque and hold flat. Not a giant spike and taper. That is what breaks stuff. That way I can stomp the gas and get a nice surge. The car accelerates like a big motor car not the typical turbo car ^_^
    Yeah! Heat, torque, and poor maintenance kills autos. If you keep the trans oil temp in range, change the fluids like you suppose to, and maintain a proper torque curve, these trannies can take SOME abuse.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Bingo!
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

but thats like no fun! What about burning tires at 70mph!? lol

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Quote Originally Posted by Galantman03 View Post
    but thats like no fun! What about burning tires at 70mph!? lol
    That's can happen with an auto...but you might end up breaking something.

But come on! Constant ETs, NLTS, no missed shifts, no clutches to swap out(sort of)
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Lets not forget the non exist ant boost drop on shifts. I drop 2 psi mid shift lmao. And I have wheel spin when boost hits at low speeds. I was amazed the drivetrain loss didn't completely eliminate that
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Usually there a difference in WHP between autos and manuals but torque remains, the most part, about the same between the two as the torque converter...converting torque from the engine to get the vehicle moving. That's what robs WHP, the torque converter but it can gain some of it back by using a smaller diameter and/or lighter weight converter.

But your car behaves like its positive displacement charged!

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Yep I had thoughts of going to a lighter converter when I had her open bit I said eff it haha. Honestly this car is as fast/faster than Ivory boosted and manual tranny. I'm quite pleased
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Don't talk down to Ivory like that!!! =P

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Haha! Oh I'm not. Ivory was a beast! I've just gotten better at modding/tuning. Makes me freak out cause Ivory would be retarded fast by now
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Haha, I wish I knew what I was doing for tuning =/ ivory would be so fast, you're right. I sure do miss her looks with the new style jdm skirts.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Tuning is a pain in the ass at first till you get the hang of it. Once passed the learning curve it's fun shifting your power and where you want it and getting your car to do certain things. And I miss her ass too :( it's ok tumbler will get there eventually
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

build the auto. few vr4's drivers have had success with that. makes for a very quick car

and get some 245/40/17 semi slicks and gloss black *insert your fav wheel* asap!

I'm gonna go with the plan I had for ivory. The looker set of 18" wheels. Then a track setup that's 17".
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Lolol hit a bump and my speedo stopped working. I think the vss kicked the bucket. Gotta pull one from the yard. However this is after I got home from work.

That is at 360 miles for this tank so far. I will hit 400 again. My lean burn tune works nicely. Afr's are at 15.1 at idle and cruise.
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Page 48 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast