The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Winter Wheel Shopping - Sizing help needed (Challenger)

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
    You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar

Winter Wheel Shopping - Sizing help needed (Challenger)

Hey guys,

So I'm looking for something cheap to slap my snow tires on. I found the size (I think) of the stock 18" wheel that the V-6 and some RT's have. Although I have the RT Classic, I don't think my brakes are bigger like on the SRTs so I'm pretty darn sure the 18" should fit fine.

The stock sizing I think I found is 18x7.5 5x115 with 24 off-set.

With that said, sticking with the exact same size, what is the off-set range that I can look at purchasing?

I found a set of wheels that I'm extremely interested in that are 18x8, 5x115, with 40 off-set. Will it work?

I know this isn't about a Galant, but I figured you guys would know the wheels for just about any vehicle or help my find out if 18s will even fit my car.

Thanks for your help and time, it is greatly appreciated.

Link to the wheels you found?

The important part is going to be back spacing and spoke design.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/18-Wheel-300...item3cca846996

also sent you a PM back already

edit: it fits the 300C which is usually interchange-able with the Challengers

http://www.allfactorywheels.com/prod...8%22-2359.html

thats the link to the stop information I found

I think they'd work? But I can't be 100% sure.

I have a question out to the seller and I'm going to ask the dealership if they know anything, but they usually aren't helpful.

I appreciate it the help man

Why not get the Police Steelies that come on the Chargers? They're cheaper and more durable.

The Challenger is the same as it's LX chassis counter parts, the Charger, Magnum and 300. Those wheels you listed will work just fine.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

the seller said this:

"the rt classic sub models is RWD, so these won't fit, these will only fit models with the AWD, AWD use high offset and RWD use low offset, thanks.......you still can make these fit, but requires extra work and you would need to use spacers"

Where can I find those steelies?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DCH-Dodge-Ch...sories&vxp=mtr

a google to ebay search was actually my friend for once. I read on a charger forum that the lug nuts are $6 each at the dealer since they are different. I'm thinking about offering $400 to the guy. My limit is around 600 for the set but I need to get my tires mounted too

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DCH-Dodge-Ch...item53eea3afd5

I could run them without the center caps and save a few hundred since it won't require the different lug nuts either
    Last edited by 99 galant; 09-09-2012 at 08:18 AM

I believe tirerack.com sells deals with winter tires and the police steelies. I remember when I still worked at Autozone, a customer of ours got a set of Blizzacks on Steelies through them. This was two years ago, though. He had a 2011 Challenger RT as well

-Chris-

From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

i looked at tirerack but they don't have any 18's that i liked before the idea of the police steelies. I found a few dodge dealers on ebay that sell the steelies without the hub caps or lugs - just use my stock lugs - for around $500, I'm hoping to make a deal with them to be closer to 400 though. I'm also checking with my dealer tomorrow about grabbing a set of them

IMO, just replace the stock lugs altogether. The Chrysler lugs SUCK. The aluminum jacket over the nut swells and deforms over time, and can be a hassle. Get some one piece acorn nuts for the new wheels, just use them on your existing wheels, too. I went through that with my 1995 Intrepid. It had the nice ES alloys, but that same, shitty two piece lug design. Replaced them with aftermarket one piece lugs. Same with any Chrysler. They all fucking use them.

-Chris-

how do i know if the lugs are one piece or will fit properly on the 20s?

The stock lugs are tapered (angled, if you will) on the underside. The majority of aftermarket acron lugs are like that. If anything, go to a custom wheel and tire shop local to you, say you want the stock lugs replaced but you want to test fit them. But after my own experience after working in the custom wheel and tire shop I'm currently at, they should work with no issue.

-Chris-

Scott, you should just Pm me...lol

The +40 offset will likely work, its stock on the AWD 300's. However, the higher offset depending on wheel width may not. It would be easily solved by running a 15mm hub centric spacer. Personally though, you'd best just find something similar that is the correct offset.

What wheels are you looking at?

I'm calling around to dealers to just get the stock Police Steelies without the chrome caps and special lugs, that way I know they are the right size and off-set for the car. They are 18x7.5 and I'm pretty sure the correct off-set since the Chargers and Challengers use the same wheels.

Edit: I don't want to be cheap on winter quality, but I don't need anything to stand out either. The two dealers on eBay (LA and Dallas) are both around $500 where my dealer is at $575 after tax. It's going to be about $40-$60 to get my tires put on them, so in the end, under $600 total which is perfect to stay safe this winter. I feel better using the Stock style OEM steelies to make sure there won't be any fitmit issues, I just didn't think of going that way until it was suggested. I was leaning towards the 18" alloys from the V-6, but those are around 225 each.
    Last edited by 99 galant; 09-10-2012 at 07:44 PM