The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 45 K tranny service

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

45 K tranny service

I did the search, but the seach even put some audio and electonics threads, and i was like - wtf.
    all right. What excately do i need to do at 45 K with my tranny?
    Flash it and exchange external tranny filter or do i have an internal one.
    Where can i get one?
    1999 auto l-4 galant.
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

Jeff
    i'm at 44k now and i'm just getting mine flushed and refilled at the dealership. it's like 100 bucks but thats alot better than forking out the loot to replace the tranny.

TGC Regular
    i got my tranny flushed at 30k at the delearship i forget how much i payed for it tough...
    - Atba

when i use to work at jiffy lube, we had kits there that replaced the filter you had in your tranny and cleaned the magnet off and the gasket, i'm at 75k and still have nmot done it yett, my bad. but it will get done before i take my trip back home.
    Team TGCLV

Andoy
    I just picked up a 2000 Galant with 37K mileage. I did a transmission flush for $100. at Valvoline just 'cause I thought it's a good idea. Any problems/issues with the tranny on these?

Gilhuly
    You should definitely do the fluid with the recommended Mitsu fluid every 30k. I have one of the first 99's and at that time they said to check it at 60k. At 65k, I developed a torque converter shudder in 3>4. Fuid change fixed it, but I woud think of the drain & fill as an insurance policy unless you like paying for tranny work.

i did my tranny flush at 35k.

it cost me 170 from the dealer. many people recommend mitsu tranny fluid only.
    2001 I4 White ES
    Injen intake
    Arospeed bomb
    Magnecore wires
    Denso iridiums
    Gdi stb
    Alpine cd
    polk components
    2 alpine 10s
    2003 17inch eclipse gt rims
    Yokohama tires

Martin,
    Did mine at Courtesy on W. Sahara, it was 89.99.
    Love,
    Matt