The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Independent Fogs?

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Independent Fogs?

Anyone know about how to get independent fog lights on a 9g?

I have a 2.4l 2009 galant sport trim

Sorry I can't really help you. My 9g didn't come with fogs and I've been wondering how to instal them myself. With the fog light switch and all.
    Is it ricey?

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaofGears View Post
    Sorry I can't really help you. My 9g didn't come with fogs and I've been wondering how to instal them myself. With the fog light switch and all.
    if you were any closer to me, Which I am guessing that we are not, I would let you take a look at my wiring.

I think it would be different though, did you buy a stock setup or did you buy an aftermarket fog set?

If its pre wired for fog light u can use the OEM accesory fog light kit. But need a mitsu laptop to program the coding for the etac.

To get around buying a oem kit and such you could always wire the fog lights into a switch already in the cabin (rear defrost is the one I've used before) sounds kind of rigged up but its alot cleaner looking than a toggle switch mounted somewhere. Plus its not like it hurts to have the rear defrost on. Just another option

Quote Originally Posted by 12GaugeMule View Post
    if you were any closer to me, Which I am guessing that we are not, I would let you take a look at my wiring.

I think it would be different though, did you buy a stock setup or did you buy an aftermarket fog set?
    I actually don't have anything yet. I want to get something. It seems pretty easy I have to look into it more cause it kind of sucks having the spots for them and not having them in there.
    Is it ricey?

Sorry if im thread jacking, but is there any way possible for turning on the fog lights w/o having the headlights on? Thats what i thought this thread was about.

Only an aftermarket switch would work.

Oh, thats too bad. I see in your pic that you have HIDs installed for your fogs as well. May i ask if those are the OEM housing?

Yeah OEM fog light assembly

Ive heard that people had issues with the aftermarket bulb not fitting in the OEM fog light housing. How did you get around this issue? I just placed an order with DDM for H1 bulbs for my fog lights and now i am getting nervous that it might not fit. 2006 9g fyi.

EBay hid bulbs are cheap. All hid connectors are all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotti View Post
    EBay hid bulbs are cheap. All hid connectors are all the same.
    how is the quality though?

YES! got it done a couple of days ago. Actually had to use a dremel tool to retrofit my hid bulb into the stock H1 connector. (if thats what it even is called) But everything looks great. Haha. So happy.

I have your solution, working right now when I get off I will help. I have aftermarket fogs with halo rings that fit perfectly and my car came stock with no fogs.

Pics ?
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both