The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Evo Steering Wheel

Showing results 1 to 12 of 12
    galantblue

Evo Steering Wheel

Does anyone know if the Evo VIII steering wheel fits on the 8G? Looks nice, but used ones on Ebay like almost 4 bills is insane.... :shock:

PUNISHER
    that is a great question please answer this so i know too!!!

4 bills... probably has an airbag.

yeah the evo 8 has a momo steeringwheel with airbag
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

TGC Regular
    id put that in if it would work..
    - Atba

I've been trying to look into this for a while now myself. I haven't seen any for sale though. Where have you seen them, if on Ebay, when?

galantblue
    Hey DanJ...Here is one of the url:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33704

Don't know if the adapter and access. required are the same as the 8G. Called numerous dealers part dept and they don't know shit.... :shock:

TGC Regular
    man i got the loot for that too but i gota put it to the turbo ill definately get it down the line if it would work out.
    - Atba

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantblue)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hey DanJ...Here is one of the url:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33704

Don't know if the adapter and access. required are the same as the 8G. Called numerous dealers part dept and they don't know shit.... :shock:</div>

Well, it looks just like the EVO 8 steering wheel. But, since it's JDM, I don't know if it would fit at all or if the wiring for the air bag would be the same. Of course, the USDM EVO 8 steering wheel might not fit either.

chibisak
    JDm EVO 7 fit in JDM 8G
    and JDM dun have the curise control
    but USDM EVO8 have the curise control thing, should be alright, we far as i know same aribag as well so u can use ur old one

chibi

I contacted Gary Evans from www.donherring.com and he said the EVO 8 steering wheel won't fit on the 8G Galants. He said the EVO 8 steering wheel is fitted onto the steering shaft completely differently than the one on our car. Also, the air bag and horn connections are different.

List price for the EVO 8 steering wheel is $1525.63. Discounted price is $1296.78. That's alot of friggin' money, but it does come with the air bag, so that's the bulk of the price right there. It doesn't matter anyway, since it won't fit.

galantblue
    You DanJ...Thanks for the update. Guess I'll just go old skool with MoMo... :shock: