The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Talon exhaust on 99 Galant?

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
    99Ga1ant

Talon exhaust on 99 Galant?

My buddy has a full aftermarket stainless steel exhaust with test pipe for an Eagle Talon, he says it will fit on my car with little modification. He said I just need to get a foot or so of straight pipe. Does anyone know if this will work? Thanks in advance for any replies.

What year talon? If its a 2nd gen then I think he is right, but stainless is a pain to wield you have to tig wield it.I am sure someone will know for sure more than I.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Yep 2g fwd talon/eclipse will fit and only need to be extended a little. (awd exhausts are different and won't work)
    Members G-spot, and M-rod more recently installed one, here is his pic:

4g64T 5spd

Yeah, that section at the muffler is all that needs modification. Just a small piece of straight pipe welded in to extend the muffler to reach the bumper. All of the hangers for the rest of the catback fit perfectly as well.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

99Ga1ant
    Sweet. Thanks for the info. it looks pretty new and he is cutting me a deal for $80. Some lady slammed into him last year so he has a garage full of galant parts I've been going through.

99Ga1ant
    Got the exhaust, once I get some money saved up I'm def getting a different muffler.

clebrowns88
    I know im a little late but what exhausts can i use on a 3.5L 6g74 on my 8g?? i need catback exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by clebrowns88 View Post
    I know im a little late but what exhausts can i use on a 3.5L 6g74 on my 8g?? i need catback exhaust
    Get a eBay "3 for the 99 GS-T. Plenty of people run them and they're like $120 shipped. You'll need to extend the last section a couple of inches.