The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust for 7G

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

Exhaust for 7G

Hey TGC I need to know if there is an exhaust I cant pick up for my Galant. I'm just getting started on modifications so I figure I'll start here. I already have a muffler. Its not name brand but has a deep sound to it when driving normally. It farts though if I press down.

Get a stainless exhaust for a 2g eclipse/talon. You need to extend it a few inches as the galant is longer than the 2g. Other than that it fits just fine. That's what I have for my g. Search and you will find different members with different brands and sizes.

it depends on the sound your looking for. and such.

browse the section for alot of useful info

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

If you want something that doesn't drone while driving you need a actual muffler not a canister. If you buy an exhaust for a dsm they always come with canisters. It might be more beneficial to get one made for your self. If the car is still n/a i would use no bigger then 2-1/4 and add a resonator or two to keep the sound in check.

I have a Magnaflow 3in in and 4 1/5 out and it sound great. Everything else is completely stock. Remember that oval mufflers are quieter.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

95-00 Sebring/Avenger exhaust will work as well, and it's 2.25" ID piping.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

What size is the stock exhaust 2"?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

If you have a muffler already then go to www.vrsexhaust.com order a 95-99 eclipse GST (FWD) piping kit in whatever diameter matches the pipe on the muffler you've already got.

Then just take the kit to an exhaust shop and have them weld it up. All their kits are mandrel bent and come with hangers and flanges. You'll be good to go.

http://www.vrsexhaust.com/TUBING_KIT...ubishi_tk.html

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    If you have a muffler already then go to www.vrsexhaust.com order a 95-99 eclipse GST (FWD) piping kit in whatever diameter matches the pipe on the muffler you've already got.

Then just take the kit to an exhaust shop and have them weld it up. All their kits are mandrel bent and come with hangers and flanges. You'll be good to go.

I have done this exactly and couldn't be more happy. I also got a nice long magnaflow muffler for the straight section in the middle and it sounds like sex. Highly recommend!
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

Sounds like a good idea. Definitely cheaper it seems. And get the Stainless steel one?

^oo,this may be something i might get soon. thanks DOHC.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by EATsleepJDM View Post
    ^oo,this may be something i might get soon. thanks DOHC.
    Lets do this! I just need to find a muffler for it.

yup, let's do it.maybe by december i'll get it though. . .haha.

WANNA LOOK FRESH????
    GET SOME CLOTHES AT KARMALOOP.COM AND GET 20% ON FIRST PURCHASE WHEN USING REPCODE:KN21899

siniGANG represent!

Quote Originally Posted by peanotation View Post
    I have done this exactly and couldn't be more happy. I also got a nice long magnaflow muffler for the straight section in the middle and it sounds like sex. Highly recommend!
    Holy shit.... You are still alive? Is that the same G from years ago...?! Hows shit been?!

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post

Just curious but do you or does anyone know the performance increase this added for you? If any

Also sorry for bringing up a decently old thread. I am just super curious about this.

2.5'' piping with a cat, glasspack and a muffler will release a couple of ponies and some torque.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Cool deal I may just do this! Sounds like the best bang for your buck.

Also I have tried searching for it but I am bad at forums to say the least, but from what I understand a 2g eclipse exhaust bolts right on no problem but it needs to be extended, am I correct?
    I just don't know what it is that needs to be extended, could anyone clarify this for me.

Sorry I am noob xD

the number may not be exact, but i'd say 6'' after the cat and 6 '' before the muffler.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Awesome thank you very much for the information!