The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MSD Ignition

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

MSD Ignition

So I have a friend with a '92 Sentra SE-R with a TPS/RPM Module, headaers, cold air, exhaust, and that's it and it can beat pre 2010 V8 Mustang's. Pretty much all his car is is that MSD Ignition module, and I was wondering if anyone used one in a 9G. Without that ignition modul turned on, his 0-60 is 8.3 seconds, so its not that fast, but with it on it acts like a turbo with like 5 psi. So apparently, it makes a big difference, and I was thinking about trying one out, but going here first to see what you guys suggest.

The MSD 6A was installed on an 8G, but never a 9G as far as I know. And the only reason it was installed on that 8G was because of spark blowout above 10'ish psi.

I really don't see how the stock ignition would be inadequate for that Sentra. Those Mustangs probably aren't even aware he is racing them.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    I really don't see how the stock ignition would be inadequate for that Sentra. Those Mustangs probably aren't even aware he is racing them.
    The ignition boost doesn't do anything to these cars.

No matter what the vehicle is , MSD dosnt add power, it only ensures there is a full spark and in some cases a hotter spark. The car may idle better, or maybe before the MSD there was a misfire and thats what makes it seem like there is more power but reallly there isnt.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Those Mustangs probably aren't even aware he is racing them.
    ^ This. LOL!

Dnt run msd's ignition boxes, THEY R JUNK THEY DO NOTHING BUT FUCK UP. Stock ignitions R beautiful.
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

Stock ignitions are weak and can't light a properly filled cylinder. MSD boxes only suck when they aren't installed correctly.

Well, this one doesn't suck. It acts like a turbo, he has to set it at what RPM he wants it to activate, and then also he has to set what throttle position it activates at. So like, he would set it to his foot all the way down, and he has it set to activate at 4,000 RPM, so it only activates when he's flooring it and when it reaches 4K RPM. You definitely notice a difference, we would have a near perfect start with absolutely no wheel spin, and when it activates the light comes on and we start spinning the tires. With it off this doesn't happen. There's definitely a big difference, I have a video of him beating an RX8 with me in the passenger seat, and it's beat a V6 Accord Coupe, and that's not supposed to happen. So there is something up with this and it does work, if I have to I'll make a youtube account and post it.

^ Cool story.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Dam I need a msd too cause I wanna go fast...

It's probably a 25 shot and you're just retarded. RX8's and accord coupes are SLOW.

Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Dam I need a msd too cause I wanna go fast...
    and create boost!

Again, fuck a msd ignition box lmao.
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

#clearlynaturallyaspiratedandnotbuilt

Yeah, I was just seeing if you guys knew anything about the one he has. I can't find it in the MSD Ignition website, so its probably a discontinued product or something. But it activates and then the red light comes on (on the module inside) and the 4 cylinder turns into a Mustang killer. And no, a FWD 4 cylinder Sentra should not be able to beat a V6 Accord Coupe, or the RWD twin rotary engine manual RX8 with full exhaust system, but this MSD Ignition makes it possible. Apparently, you guys don't know what I'm talking about and think I'm retarded, so I'll just be going now, thanks anyways guys.

Quote Originally Posted by #1GALANTFAN View Post
    ...if I have to I'll make a youtube account and post it.
    Do this. And get specifics on his setup. When people doubt, put up the facts to make them believe. Because to those that know, this sounds like BS. I mean, you came on asking an opinion about if you should get what he got and put it on your 9G, and you can't tell us what it is exactly. How should we react to this? I'm curious to see what his car can do, so when you get a chance, post that vid. I'll be here.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

That's a good point, but see the thing is, this Module came with the car when he bought it, and since neither of us can find it on the MSD Ignition website, the only way we would know what it is is if we find the person who sold it to us and ask him. Maybe we'll run into him again, but let's not forget the main reason for this topic; to figure out what exactly this is so I can somehow find one online so I can put one in my car so I can whoop ass lol.

So here's the video, and if you want I can try to set up some more races with videos so I can further prove this exists, like the one with the V6 Accord Coupe I mentioned earlier:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YNumN-Zg8og

Note the good no spin start, then after it activates you here wheelspin. I also have a video of it beating a Civic SI with some custom stuff, although that one my friend put it in neutral and didn't even have it activated the last half cause his foot wasn't all the way down (and that's where its set at). So just let me know if you guys wanna see that too, maybe soon I can setup a race against something else, but going all out, showing how devastating this thing can be lol.

either its a shot set to WOT, or that rx-8 is sandbagging like a mother for this video. Im convinced its the second.

Well he wasn't sandbagging it that's for sure, but I don't know what you mean by shot set to wide open throttle.

like a shot of nitrous. There arent any magic boxes that just double whp when activated, it takes time, money, and alot of wrenching to build a "fast" car. Saying you can just bolt on some box and activate it and beat everything on the road is a slap in the face to all the guys who actually build their cars and dont look for the cheap way out. and even if this did somehow magically add all this hp, it would probably burn up a)itself or b) your ecu within a week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast