The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: After market with bluetooth help?

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

After market with bluetooth help?

First off ty for reading this. Here's the issue.

Got a 2012 Galant that has the standard(i think) radio with no aux. I've pressed and held the cd button to see if had aux capabilities, but nothing showed up. Plus there's no aux input tha tI could find. Anyway the radio bluetooth which works well for my iphone.

I guess I have to order an aftermarket radio because I want aux input and to retain the bluetooth phone capability (so I can continue to make hands free calls that the factory radio does so well). So I'm just looking for recommendations for an aftermarket radio that will have an aux input and BT.

I've done head units install but not one with BT phone capability. I'm afraid if I take out the factory radio and try to install an aftermarket radio that I won't know how to hook up the BT. Man I hope this made sense lol.

I'm not adding an amp and I am running stock speakers. All I am wanting to do is add the aux input to the system so I can listen to pandora. Thats it!

I have this h/u and it is awesome Pioneer 9400bh
    It has dual usb in the back, I got an extra usb cord ( it comes with one) and snaked em to the glove box, so I just plug in usb for audio.
    The bluetooth is quick and I can stream pandora from my gs3.
    For the hands free, the deck comes with a small mic you mount where ever ( mine is infront of my gauges).
    HD radio is neat to play with too.
    02 Galant GTZ stock
    00 S10 Bagged on 20's Suicide Doors 5 link and control arms, more to come!

Usually new radios with bluetooth have it built in all you have to do is route the microphone to the spot you want it. Some decks are only bluetooth ready which means you have to buy the adapter, but even that is a simple install, run the mic and connect a serial cable from the make specific add-on module the the back of the radio.

If all you want is an aux input, I would recommend a wired fm modulator, it works like the wireless fm mods that go through a static radio station, except its wired directly through the antenna. (Its the method used to get sound from an overhead tv to a stock radio, virtually no interference)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2