The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BAZ RAX's 1994.(09) 2.0 V6 E54A 7G

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 54
    Doing a overhaul on mine, that front section there the tops that mount to the frame are rotted through so will be doing either this as a transplant or weld (think a swap would be safer)>

Is the donor part off the next generation? have to ask as the 1994 era models are few and far between here (they always were but now its a joke).

Quote Originally Posted by BAZ RAX View Post
    No big news, but had nosejob done on my 7g. New nose from my donor 8g, just had to drill spotwelds, relocate radiator brackets and also relocate crosmember mounting points.
    Everything went quite easy. Used old mounting points for new nose.

Donor part was from next generation. I had to relocate lower crosmember mounting points. Same thing for lower radiator supports, since I have 2.5l v6 4x4 radiator.
    You also need to drill a bigger hole and weld in a nut for the part, where hood lock etc is fitted. And I cut out a steel extension to mount the power steering cooling pipe.
    94 Galant Hatchback E54A 2.0 V6 DOHC 6A12

Cheers bud, helped no end.
    And will save me a whole load of bother looking round the scrap yards.

As to making the other auxiliaries/mounts, lesser problem, lots of experience crafting my own bits like that. Just not the size of a cross member.

Recently had a problem when driving, when accelerating, the car didn't have power, and the RPM fell down a bit, but the speed remained the same. Then I thought, the problem was in the ignition system, at first I suspected an ignintion coil, because the engine sounded like a V4 :D. 1 coil gives ignition to 2 cylinders. When I got home, I took a piece of wire, and diagnosed trouble codes, it confirmed my suspicion, but when I used a multimeter to test all the coils, then they seemed to in working condition. I opened my laptop, opened the wiring diagram, and found that, there must be a malfuction in Power Transistor Unit (that was my second suspect) or in the ECU. But faulty ECU is 6g's problem. Went back outside, tested the PTU, and it was faulty.

Then I went to local junkyard, 6g72/73 dohc engines have the same PTU and coilpacks. I knew they had 4x4 2.5 v6 dohc 7g for spare parts. PTU-s cover was a bit damaged, but multimeter test showed, it should work. Got the PTU for 10 Euros. Unfortunately they had sold the 4x4 rear axle, so my plan to go 4x4, is delayed since there are no 4x4 axles anywhere left in my country.

So now my plan is to work hard and let my 7g sit over a winter. They put salt on the roads in the winter, and that's not good for any car. Two of the 7g's left side front axle mounts are loose from the body :S, They need some welding. But that's not a huge problem. I just don't have much time at the moment to have this done, so I'm using my winter beater.

My winter beater is 1993 Peugeot 405 GLD Station wagon. It was sitting for 3 years, I fixed it, bought new headlight and sidemirror, also 306's OEM alloys.
    It is a 1.9L diesel with 51kw. It is really cheap to drive, the insureance is 3 times lower than my G's. Hopefully, the money I save, will go for my 7g to make It better than it is already.

Got a new toy. I thought, that i will use it as a donor car to hava a 6g72TT 4x4 monster galant, but I don't want to demolish it, because I like it way too much.
    So, in future I'll get another donor car to build my G.
    Here It is, Mk1 MMC GTO twinturbo

Found something rare and bought it.
    1993 Galant, 2.5 V6 DOHC (6G73) with 5speed, AWD, 4WheelSteering, Electronically Controlled Suspension, and a rear wiper for sedan.
    Body is in a real bad shape. A lot of rust under the body. Front fenders are useless etc.
    I will use it as a donor car for my hatchback for AWD conversion.

Nice find! All those nice goodies should make your swap go pretty smooth, congrats.
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 07-19-2016 at 09:11 AM

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

I have been working my a** off for some weekends. All of because rust in engine compartment etc due to roadsalt and also a cracked subframe and torn subframe mounts.
    This is what the old subframe looked like

Got a new used one from a friend.
    Painted all the details, put everything together, also used copper spray everywhere because you never know when you need to take thing apart again.
    New frame had two broken bolts too, it was PITA to deal whit them.

Some process pictures

Replaced timing belt, water pump and pulleys

Gearbox oil was changed too. Drove home and gave it a good interior cleaning.

I got my hand on for some rare items, such as a leather handbrake lever with a wood decoration.

And I have this rare wooden Nardi Torino steering wheel waiting for a new leather.

I didn't know Nardi made a Galant specific steering wheel, that's awesome!
    2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES (SCRAPPED)
    1991 Jeep Comanche (SOLD)
    2002 Honda Accord EX (DAILY)
    1998 Eclipse GST (PROJECT)

Haven't done much, but anyway.
    Replaced passenger side front lower control arm because the ball joint gave up.
    Stabilizer bar bushings also needed replacing.

Bigger brakes upgrade is also in process.

These are dual piston front calipers from a facelift EU/JDM galant.
    Front knuckles with 160mm brake caliper bracket spacing were also taken from that donor car.
    EVO brake swap will be "bolt on" solution in the future.
    Old brakes were/are 254mm discs with single piston caliper, "new" ones are dual piston and 276mm discs.
    Calipers are fully rebuilt by myself. New pistons, seals and guide pins.

Interior project is retrofitting 8g wagon luggage compartment parts. I Got the parts for free from a good friend,
    but they needed a lot of cleaning.

damn get me a set of these front knuckles
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

If you are really interested, then i can find more sets. But the issue would be shipping price, because I'm located in Europe, Estonia.

hello

Haven't posted for a while, but heres some updates

Went to some junkyard to get a front crossmember for another car but accidentally found those and bought them

Then had my Nardi releathered

Then gave my "new" brakes complete overhaul

Restored 160mm knuckles

- - - Updated - - -

Don't want to put too much pictures in a single post so it continues

Changed some control arms, front upper ball joints, and shock absorbers

The fronts

Rears

A family picture with my 1990 JDM GTO

Also found time to repaint my USDM rear bumper. Installed rear crash bar too, since JDM and world-spec ones don't have it because there is no room for it.

Icon6 5-lug swap

Didn't get to drive much with new front brake rotors :D Since the front tires were getting bald, and I had Mazda CX-7 18x7.5 ET50 wheels laying around, then the decision was made. It was time to go 5-lug which I had planned for a long time. Bought brand new discs and rotors.

Front brembo discs

Rear is not rubbing (225/45R18) I'll get new tires tomorrow, but until then, I'll use my GTO stock wheels in the front 225/55R16 16x8.5

Better pictures

Nice to a see a 7g being look after so much, good work! I have to say I love the wheel and color combo on the GTO as well.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    Nice to a see a 7g being look after so much, good work! I have to say I love the wheel and color combo on the GTO as well.
    Thank you

GTO probably has a rod knock. I might use 6G73 N/A DOHC from my 4x4 7g for some time so i could drive it for a while.

Sort of a bad news.
    The G has a bad alternator, and in addition to that, the cam agle sensor has also gone out. At the moment, there is no point of getting new ones.
    I'll let the car sit until spring, then begin with rust repair and 4x4 swap related things. So, the 6A12 will come out, and 6G73 or 6G72 goes in.
    But it's difficult to find 6G7x DOHC engines over here. I have a working 6G73 (2.5L) but a 6G72 would be a lot better.

And I bought a winter toy

e34 520i 5spd

Bought this thing.

6G72 DOHC swapped, 4X4
    I'll be driving it for a while until I get my hatchback to the state where I can swap the engine and drivetrain to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast