The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Shanghai Newbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 28

Shanghai Newbie

Ok first off, im not chinese...... I been living and working here for a LONG time and purchased myself a Galant. Always liked the 8G style....... sadly they never legally imported VR4's so im stuck with the FF version.

Specs:
    01 8G Galant 2.0 chassis 120+k km's
    Evo 7 4G63T 20+k km's

Mods:
    BC coilovers
    AP Brakes
    A1 Full catback
    Bucket seats
    Evo 7 steering wheel
    Aftermarket no name gauges
    Custom molded kit
    Rear License plate relocation
    CF hood
    Navi Unit

Now the car currently is running at 0.8bar boost and it's clutch is slipping, sadly I was stuck having to use the original Galant tranny and not the Evo one but beggars cant be choosers. Rear trunk relocation........bondoed etc... bloody heavy and the spring hooks to hold it up..........dont work - -ll
    Roof liner was redone in black, interior redone in black.... sadly I stll am working on finding someone to do the carpet aswell. The buckets leather needs a redo...... thinking on going Dark Brown to give it a up to date feel.

Personally I am not sure if I wanna go VIP or ricer style.... previous owner went ricer....

As for my history why im down here........ we'll leave that to a later date. And yes I know im in the country for cheap parts....... but bare in mind..... good quality products are shipped overseas...... crappy ones remain.

As for some pics........ I dont know whether I should post them here or in another section.....

For the front bumper I want to go with socals Bumper..... I think its the most perfect bumper for the 8G style..... speaking with them now...... but still trying to find a cheaper shipping company....... x___________x

Welcome to TGC! Post up some pics here!

Welcome sir, have you picked up any Chinese language since you been there, and we would love to see pics.

Welcome to TGC! We'd like to see pics of everything you've done.

I'm not sure if you were referring to socals car or socals fiberglass bumpers. But he does still do fiberglass work last I knew. His bumpers are really nice and fitment is almost perfect. Fiberglass is fiberglass though.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Welcome to TGC! Lets see some pictures.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

im talking about the dolphin bumper, and the liberal grill........ honestly when I first saw them I fell for them haha~~ now I just gotta find a good shipping company - -ll

And yea I can speak chinese, it's not perfect but I can get by... didn't come down here to study though... when I first arrived I didnt even know what 'nihao' means.... I thought it meant 'f--- you' lol

Here are some pics:

She just came out of the paint booth a week ago, haven't fitted the other bumper on or the CF hood, and I know the wheels don't fit it and I should drop her more....
    Last edited by Yefeng; 09-25-2012 at 10:45 PM

really nice, paint looks super phresh!

that is crazy seeing a 4g63t in there lol
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Whts gd G? welcome 2 TGC hey where did u get ur racing seats @?
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar
    Welcome to TGC! Nice G

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    your rear bumper looks interesting. where did you get?

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

Gwaps, I have no idea what you're talking about.... GD G? The buckets were originally Bride but were re-upholstered to leather... cheap knockoffs.... I so want the Recaro Sporsters though.... but a little pricey... 20k rmb per seat.... which equals nearly 2.5k USD a seat??? ~_~

Emerson, the rear bumper is a modified EVO 9 Bumper

Thanks on the feedback, I still have TONS of plans on it.... sadly though because of the 4G63T it has mega tq steer.... feels like an Alfa... so I want to get bigger and heavier wheels... put more weight in the front.... would like to fit 19x9.5 all around... will be a challenge but end results should be more or less what im after

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Car looks dope a nice wing in the back would set it off just right

«Carlos»

had a CF wing on before, aswell as a CF hood.... didnt put the hood back on yet

Still got that front bumper, it's just not installed yet.... rear wing I also still got.... but I kinda am leaning to a more VIPish mood.... too bad they never made wangan wings for the galant....
    8G Evo power~

I like that evo9 bumper. Looks really good!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

thanks, I also like it alot.... the fitment wasn't that complicated.... but I bondoed it onto the chassis..........lines look great.... just a pain in the ass for removal.... hardest was the plate relocation... cut/weld/bondo.... ugh....
    8G Evo power~

That rear number is win win win that look absolutely right to me
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

haha, I agree.... it's a shame they never came like that from the factory....
    8G Evo power~

WElcome! I dig the car!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast