The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: H.i.d kit 4 fog lights on 8th gen galant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 34 of 34
    Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    most relay harnesses come w/ a 40A or higher relay. you don't just want the relay, you will need the whole harness. it wires directly to the battery w/ a fuse holder and fuse and ground then sends power to both ballasts in the pair through the relay (one input trigger, 2 high amp outputs and grounds). so the harness can end up being about 10+ feet in total wiring plus all the connectors. HID harnesses are so cheap now that there's no real benefit to making it yourself anymore.
    Ok, cool & I can get this relay harness from that online retrofit store correct? also can I hook up both headlight hid's 2 1 relay harness or do I need 2 buy 2 relay harnesses?
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

Quote Originally Posted by GWAPS View Post
    Ok, cool & I can get this relay harness from that online retrofit store correct? also can I hook up both headlight hid's 2 1 relay harness or do I need 2 buy 2 relay harnesses?
    i thought u were doing HID fogs? if you have HID heads you will need a separate relay harness for those; u need a relay harness for each pair of ballasts that u want to go on together. do u have H4 bixenon or hi/low or just regular low beam HID (no high beam)? u will need to get the correct harness for what u r using. additionally, if u allready have the flickering problem, your ballasts or bulbs may already b permanently damaged and a relay harness will not be able to fix the problem; u will need a new HID kit.

Here choose which one you need
    http://www.theretrofitsource.com/index.php?cPath=28

If you are not sure what you need then email them they are great.

i thought u were doing HID fogs? if you have HID heads you will need a separate relay harness for those; u need a relay harness for each pair of ballasts that u want to go on together. do u have H4 bi-xenon or hi/low or just regular low beam HID (no high beam)? u will need to get the correct harness for what u r using. additionally, if u already have the flickering problem, your ballasts or bulbs may already b permanently damaged and a relay harness will not be able to fix the problem; u will need a new HID kit.
    I have a h.i.d kit 4 the headlights they have not been installed yet. right now I'm running the stock light bulbs. Which are hi/lo beam. My hid kit I have 4 the heads R only low beam.

Cool hey I have a ? do u think I should get a relay as well to stop the flickering? by any chance do u know wht causes the flickering?

Horrible spelling and bad grammar, ballasts hate that.

Icon8

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Horrible spelling and bad grammar, ballasts hate that.
    Thank you 4 the compliment that was very nice of u. It's my thread, so I can tlk how I wanna tlk spell how I wanna spell. If u dnt like it pls dnt comment on any of my posts or threads. THANK YOU & HAVE A GREAT DAY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!. & if any1 else has a problem with that u need not 2 post here on MY THREAD ENOUGH SAID LOL.
    Last edited by GWAPS; 10-09-2012 at 11:31 PM

Booom goes the dynamite lol
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Quote Originally Posted by master_visionary View Post
    Booom goes the dynamite lol
    YUP boom is right lol I gotta hatter posting on this thread already but anyways. It's about H.I.D'S that's all that matters on this thread hands down. lol

Nobody "hating" if thats what you meant. Simply find it hard to understand and read your posts to even try to make a vaild and legitimate suggestion. And trust me I have held back on bringing it to your attention in hopes that you might realize it and try to improve on it on your own, simply by comparing how the rest of the community writes their posts and how you text yours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Thank u 4 ur input but it's not needed here. Stay on topic or go elsewhere.

I'm shooting 4 the blueish tint look, so I'll b running 8k 4 the head lights & no high beam. 4 the fogs I'm going 3k hands down, I think it's a sexy appeal 4 my ride when it comes 2 lighting.
    here:

stick between 4250K and 6000K and you will b fine (w/ 4250K being sun white, 5000K being pure white, and 6000K having a little blue), anything over that will have too much color and will also b dim. 4250K is the brightest for a given wattage (35W); the farther you go from that number the dimmer the HID will be.
    8000K is more like purple and will not be very good for night driving (8000K+ is more for show than actual driving) as that part of the spectrum of light does not reflect well off of objects (you will not be able to see very well). OE HID is never over 6000K and almost always is right around 4250K since that has the best performance in both luminosity and reflectivity. if you still want to get 8000K, at least get a hi/low kit and harness or better yet a bixenon version, so that you can keep your high beams... you might need them because your low beams will be dim.

here:

8000K is more like purple and will not be very good for night driving (8000K+ is more for show than actual driving) as that part of the spectrum of light does not reflect well off of objects (you will not be able to see very well). OE HID is never over 6000K and almost always is right around 4250K since that has the best performance in both luminosity and reflectivity. if you still want to get 8000K, at least get a hi/low kit and harness or better yet a bixenon version, so that you can keep your high beams... you might need them because your low beams will be dim.
    Ahhh, I c, well I already have the 8k, they have been sitting n the box 4 a month now lol & the 8k kit I have is only n lo beam.

So I went back 2 the place where I bought my hid kit 4 the headlights, & they dnt stock a 3k hid kit 4 fogs. Time 2 search online. That's the fun part I guess lol.

Finally got my hid kit 4 the fogs, It's a wrap once I get them installed. lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12