The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Drivers side door looks half way when locked by switch

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Drivers side door looks half way when locked by switch

All of a sudden when I hit the door switch to lock my car, the drivers side locks half way. I have to hit it once or twice more for it to engage in the locked position. My passenger door did it once, but I bent one of the linkages to shorten the distance of movement for it to engage. Anyone know what causes this? Also my passenger rear stopped locking all together unless I did it with the remote, that happened several months back.

Appreciate any help, thanks

Drivers side door looks half way when locked by switch

I haven't had any problems with mine yet but I would guess a piece of plastic has finally cracked or a motor/regulator is dead.

I'll have to check it out when I install my wod grain door trims..might as well wait til then lol. Thanks for the input

hey, so i noticed on my 8g that if the doors open the drivers lock will not lock, so maybe thats where your issue is coming from. i dont know what takes place when the lock is forced to stay unlocked while the doors open but id bank on that being the culprit
    days like today remind me why i love my galant!!!

Hmm never really payed attention..I think if you have the key in the switch, it won't allow you to lock to prevent locking your keys in. But sounds like your talking even with the key out. I'll try and see what happens, thanks

Okay I'm wondering if it's just my G that does this..but if you try to manually lock the driver's door (by hand, no switch), do the other doors try and lock on their own? I know they will by use of the switch. Also I'm starting to wonder if its an electrical issue instead of a mechanical issue, cause A few times this week, the front doors locked fine. So it kinda makes me think I should rule out anything mechanical like linkages, since the lock turned all the way.