The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: just coming back to the scene

Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

just coming back to the scene

Hey guys, not new here, but when was new. I was...Unexperienced. Im planning to come back and put me another galant together. My last one was nice but slow. So I have a few weeks to decide on boosting a 2.4 or going with an all motor v6. I've been around the block now and can do either one, and I love boost. So im looking for opinions on what to, I haven't bought a car yet becuz this decision needs made. Budget is going to be $5k. I remember some of you guys on here have set up some sick rides so whata you guys think? I really dont like the thought of doing a single cam 2.4 motor again but I guess it can be setup just as good as the next motor.
    2001 Mitsubishi Galant-Totalled..=(
    1987 Cheverolet IROC-Z Camaro-TPI 350
    1989 Nissan 240sx-built SOHC-Trade for Honda
    1999 civic Hatch B20vtec- current
    Lookn for galant to build. .

Icon14

Quote Originally Posted by The_fresh_Galant View Post
    Hey guys, not new here, but when was new. I was...Unexperienced. Im planning to come back and put me another galant together. My last one was nice but slow. So I have a few weeks to decide on boosting a 2.4 or going with an all motor v6. I've been around the block now and can do either one, and I love boost. So im looking for opinions on what to, I haven't bought a car yet becuz this decision needs made. Budget is going to be $5k. I remember some of you guys on here have set up some sick rides so whata you guys think? I really dont like the thought of doing a single cam 2.4 motor again but I guess it can be setup just as good as the next motor.
    I'd say ditch the 2.4, & get a '02 galant gtz or a '03 galant gtz and drop n a 3.5 or I believe u can put n a 3.8 in as well I think + u will b able to flash the ecu as well when it comes to tuning. But mos def the gtz's r nice cars hands down, ur gonna have fun with it fasho.
    GWAP STACKIN MAKE'S IT HAPPEN

I test drove a 3.5l with a 5speed swap and was actually impressed. Therefore I didn't count that out..however I posted many ridiculous threads awhile back and id like to thank and apologize to them. Lol. I was honestly clueless and couldn't see it. Anyways, I have a turbo manifold already and would love to go boost. But like you say man. The 3.5 or the 3.8 is powerful.

v6 turbo. you can find v6's for cheap man..

if you wanna swap in a 74 or 75 just buy one with a blown engine or better yet one without engine or tranny and you can pop a 5 speed in at the same time.

Meaning thanks for the help...sorry being that KID annoying the experienced guys. Lol and im referring to the turbo threads. I read em and laugh in embarrassment now.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    v6 turbo. you can find v6's for cheap man..

if you wanna swap in a 74 or 75 just buy one with a blown engine or better yet one without engine or tranny and you can pop a 5 speed in at the same time.
    boosting a v6 would be sick and yesiir. It has to be 5speed swapped. No doubt. Im afraid of fitment issues on a boosted v6 tho..

Take 6a13TT 2.5 V6 twin turbo
    Galant E15a EXE/4G63/1987/Ethanol Edition

V6 3.5 or v6 3.8 hands down, u cnt go wrng lol. Once u go turbo on any of THESE 2 engines IT'S A WRAP MANG just think about it lol.

The 6a13 looks soo packed in there and its only a 2.5l . Thus a 3.5-3.8l turbo I think would be even worse

Quote Originally Posted by doctor View Post
    Take 6a13TT 2.5 V6 twin turbo
    the problem with doing that engine is spare parts are hard to come by in the US since it never came on a USDM mitsubishi.

^^ Exactly. Not like an Sr 240 that parts are getn to be everywhere for. Im rele thinkn about boosting the stock motor. These are heavy cars guys, its takes extensive work to make em fast..but with long 5speed gears. I feel like if it were boosted, it would be a great highway sleeper

Ohh btw can someone jog my memory why when U five speed swap the 8th Gen..u either can or have to us some 2g eclipse parts?

I'd still go with a 3.5 if not a 3.8, u would have a lot of engine bay room 4 the swap hands down lol.

There's a stickied thread on the swap it will tell you I'm a 7G guy so I couldn't tell you off hand
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

Im on my fone and half the shit I search says "Page not found". Pissed me off. But the 3.8? Man its a little bit of work, findn the right pieces to assemble the engine for everything to work correct. When I know exactly where to get the parts and what to do to boost a motor.

Follow Keith's build for info on boosting a V6, pretty good stuff. Follow Matt's (M-Rod) build for info on the 6G75 (3.8L) swap, pretty good stuff.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Alright man..thank ya. Im trying to find an evo motor swap but this fuckn fone won't pull up the search. So im not gonna ask if its worth it bcuz I kno it would be. I think that would be badass. Just go with a 5speed fwd trans...and I'm gonna read the V6 turbo thread as well right now.

Just read and got caught up in Keiths build. Thats incredible. I have no welder to fab the stuff up that hes doing. I have the skill. Just no welder. I mean I can get a downpipe setup but I have no clue where place the turbo on a v6. Im not looking for 360whp. Just about 250whp will suffice.

U know what I has ASA Japan and I can get the part numbers for Japan, euro,phillipines, and work spec cars but where the hell do I buy them from?

I have no clue what you said or are asking?