The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6bolt 4G63 w/ 7bolt auto trans...SOLVED..

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

Icon2 6bolt 4G63 w/ 7bolt auto trans...SOLVED..

okay eladio know that I was searching for a long time trying to figure out how to mate a 6 bolt motor to the 7 bolt transmission in my 97 Galant I was doing it for budget reasons but I could not find the proper flex plate to do a direct bolt on as 7bolt 63-64s have a 3 hole flex plate where 6bolts have a 4 hole FP

Enter 4G37 ...

This engine we know from the bottom end 1st gens and other Mitsubishis has the proper 3hole plate OEM for a 6bolt crank

Hate it or love it this could be a huge break for some 7g budget builds . It is for mine!
    i
    The 7bolt flex plate. V

The 4G37.

Hope it helps someone .
    Shout out to anyone that still uses hand tools for their work
    With elbow grease for power and determination for a battery

Maybe your broke maybe your old school

Me I'm a lil of both

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    cool find hope it works out. good luck with the auto as it will fail before anything else
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    cool find hope it works out. good luck with the auto as it will fail before anything else
    ya, there is a reason its called the slush box

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

research pays off! congrats!

What exactly is weak on the 7g auto transmission?

OK let me address the haters..lol
    I always see the slush box comments and what not ........BUT!

My baby had 251 thousand miles when she died
    With all the factory installed parts
    Had 3 quarts of Pennzoil in the tranny (long story )
    Still pulled all the way to 115
    And cause of death was catastrophic timing belt failure

Sooooooo > i < have faith

I will get another 7g > go 63t auto > while that's in there build up the motor I pulled out provided its eligible > then swap in the 2.4 DOHC with the turbo and accessories from the 63

It ain't meant to be permanent just seeing what's possible

Me I'm a lil of both

No one here has really tried putting a decent amount of power through the auto trans. Shit with the right internals and maybe having a shift kit installed or made for it who knows what our auto transmissions could be cappable of.

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Galant306m View Post
    No one here has really tried putting a decent amount of power through the auto trans. Shit with the right internals and maybe having a shift kit installed or made for it who knows what our auto transmissions could be cappable of.
    no one here has tried because they fail under stock power. Even the manuals give out after too much abuse

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Either way it will be fun

Me I'm a lil of both

I only asked because it's a growing trend with dsm's to go auto since there much beefier then there 5 speed counter part. Someone should take one apart and see what the weak link is if there is one. Maybe getting full line pressure would be only thing needed for it to handle some low boost.

DSMs switch to auto when they can't shift fast enough. Shep ran 7s stick and many are in the 8s stick like my buddies raif and turbo tony. The weak link in the autos seem to be everything as I had 4 fail on my. Once it was the torque converter then the rest seem to have been everything else so much so they couldn't even identify what went first and those were all at stock power
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Mine had 251 thousand miles
    That's something lol

Me I'm a lil of both

^yeah, means it's gonna take a shit on it the first time you drive it hard.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    DSMs switch to auto when they can't shift fast enough. Shep ran 7s stick and many are in the 8s stick like my buddies raif and turbo tony. The weak link in the autos seem to be everything as I had 4 fail on my. Once it was the torque converter then the rest seem to have been everything else so much so they couldn't even identify what went first and those were all at stock power
    People actually switch to auto since it's cheaper. The shock load that the entire drive train receives on launches is ridiculous. When you go auto you no longer break axles left and right no more busted t-cases and no more broken gears. I don't know about you but spending 2k on a built manual transmission just to blow it up or not last more then a season gets expensive very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by imback View Post
    People actually switch to auto since it's cheaper. The shock load that the entire drive train receives on launches is ridiculous. When you go auto you no longer break axles left and right no more busted t-cases and no more broken gears. I don't know about you but spending 2k on a built manual transmission just to blow it up or not last more then a season gets expensive very quickly.
    so you think the very quick auto dsms are running stock auto trannies? its very expensive to build any tranny but autos are expensive and you pick different converters, shift kits etc and any hard launch auto or manual can break anything, just in an auto youre on the trans brake usually but still the same rev, 2 step or antilag deals.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Built auto tranny around 2200 with all the bells and whistles. Built 5 speed 2k built t-case 650, Upgraded axles 700 for the rear. Rear diff cover as well as added support to stop it from twisting 550. And last but not least a twin disk cause a single ain't going to hold so add another 2k on top of that for a entry level twin. That's already 5900 not including labor. I know exactly what i'm talking about. I've been down the same path my self. Another benefit of the auto is that there consistent which helps when your racing. I'm not against manual gear boxes since i still have mine and wouldn't switch unless i'm making a dedicated track car or race only type of car.
    Last edited by imback; 10-20-2012 at 12:25 AM

You know that if the car is that fast the auto has all the same upgraded parts right? But in most cases you don't need them. I have a friend low 10s with a stock block and stock drivetrain. You really don't know what you are talking about because the drivetrain no matter auto or stick has to be built for the power. I have not seen one stock auto tranny push 10s and high 9s like the manual tranny. Locally I have a guy who has put 2 cars into the 9s with stock drivetrain. Only thing these cars have are welded center diffs and PTT twin disc clutches. These guys break stuff but only replace with used stock stuff for cheap and neither have blown and axle, it's usually a shift fork lets go and one time we snapped the input shaft.

Now this thread isn't about consistency at the track or building a drivetrain it's about how the 7g auto transmissions are garbage which they truly are. Lets get back in topic.
    Last edited by Galanttuner10; 10-20-2012 at 08:44 AM
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR

Lol I miss you guys ..I was just brushing up on past research