The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: vBulletin 4 Transition

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 45

vBulletin 4 Transition

Hey guys,

As with any software installation, there's a good chance for issues along the way. If you are having any problems with the site, please post them in this thread. The faster we're made aware of issues, the faster they'll get fixed.

Also, if you have any suggestions for features you'd like the site to have, feel free to post those as well, and we'll do our best to make them a reality!

Thanks!

When I click directly on Forum up top that still doesnt work send me to the zone edit thing

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    When I click directly on Forum up top that still doesnt work send me to the zone edit thing
    You trollin? o_O

If the link to the forum isn't working, then how were you able to post this message?

But yeah, if you're seeing any ZoneEdit messages still, there's nothing we can really do. It just takes time for all the DNS servers to update and for local DNS caches to flush. If you're running Windows though, you can try running "ipconfig /flushdns" from the command prompt. Plus a system restart never hurts.

im liking the changes. its easier to navigate!

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
    You trollin? o_O

If the link to the forum isn't working, then how were you able to post this message?

But yeah, if you're seeing any ZoneEdit messages still, there's nothing we can really do. It just takes time for all the DNS servers to update and for local DNS caches to flush. If you're running Windows though, you can try running "ipconfig /flushdns" from the command prompt. Plus a system restart never hurts.
    https://www.thegalantcenter.org/forum.php

That, the forum link next to the whats new.

Quote Originally Posted by RIgalant View Post
    im liking the changes. its easier to navigate!
    Glad to hear it!

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/forum.php

That, the forum link next to the whats new.
    It's working for me; did you read my comments about DNS above?

Is anybody else having this particular issue?

It's working for me.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

thank you for all your work. looks way better.

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    thank you for all your work. looks way better.
    Thanks! We loved our old theme, but there were too many security issues with vB3 and we were forced to upgrade. Galant306m has been working hard on ironing out all the kinks on the new theme and getting the site to look as pretty as possible for you guys!

Great work guys! The new board looks nice.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

i dont know why this is but if i go to thegalantcenter.org/forum.php i get zoneedit.
    How ever if i just do thegalantcenter.org i can see the activity steam and click on " see more " on threads there and comment and everything like im doing now..
    Maybe something doing with the dns server for Europe... no idea how dns servers work btw. I did do the ipconfig/flushdns= no difference
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Great work guys! The new board looks nice.
    Thanks bud!

Quote Originally Posted by pernir View Post
    i dont know why this is but if i go to thegalantcenter.org/forum.php i get zoneedit.
    How ever if i just do thegalantcenter.org i can see the activity steam and click on " see more " on threads there and comment and everything like im doing now..
    Maybe something doing with the dns server for Europe... no idea how dns servers work btw. I did do the ipconfig/flushdns= no difference
    Thank you for the info. It seems this is becoming a trend. However, I'm 99% sure this is DNS-related. Although the URL works for most, some sort of local caching is causing that URL to not point to the correct server for some users.

Think of DNS like an infection. Every domain name (google.com, thegalantcenter.org) has a "name server" associated with it. Whenever that domain name is typed into a web browser, two requests are made. First, the user's computer tries to resolve the IP address that corresponds to that domain name (imagine trying to contact someone you know by name but you don't have their phone number, so you have to look it up first); it does this by looking in a local cache or by asking a "name server" for the IP (usually provided by your ISP, think of this as "the operator"). Once the IP address has been resolved (once you know the phone number), the user's computer then makes another request directly to the website server to download the webpage (you call your friend).

Changes made to DNS information begin at the website. There are many DNS "name servers" in between your computer and the website that all store/cache information, and they must each update their own records. Imagine, your friend changes his phone number, but you have to wait for the next phone book to be published so you can look it up.

Typically, the further you are from a website, the longer it will take for you to see DNS changes take effect.

I really like the fact that all our settings got migrated to the new version. I really thought that we would lose our PMs and other personalization. Thanks guys for doing a great job!

The Portal and garage are missing.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    I really like the fact that all our settings got migrated to the new version. I really thought that we would lose our PMs and other personalization. Thanks guys for doing a great job!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    The Portal and garage are missing.
    The garage software is missing, but all of the pictures and data is still there. There is an equivalent for vB4, we just need to find a time to install it. The Portal has been replaced with vB4's built-in CMS, a.k.a. the "Articles" section. This is where COTM and other important announcements will be posted from now on.

i like it so far. Keep up the good work guys

-Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Ally and her whip a day helps keep the drama away!

My Tapatalk isn't working, says the forum is restricted. Are we not set up for it yet with the update?

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo View Post
    Thanks bud!

Thank you for the info. It seems this is becoming a trend. However, I'm 99% sure this is DNS-related. Although the URL works for most, some sort of local caching is causing that URL to not point to the correct server for some users.

Think of DNS like an infection. Every domain name (google.com, thegalantcenter.org) has a "name server" associated with it. Whenever that domain name is typed into a web browser, two requests are made. First, the user's computer tries to resolve the IP address that corresponds to that domain name (imagine trying to contact someone you know by name but you don't have their phone number, so you have to look it up first); it does this by looking in a local cache or by asking a "name server" for the IP (usually provided by your ISP, think of this as "the operator"). Once the IP address has been resolved (once you know the phone number), the user's computer then makes another request directly to the website server to download the webpage (you call your friend).

Changes made to DNS information begin at the website. There are many DNS "name servers" in between your computer and the website that all store/cache information, and they must each update their own records. Imagine, your friend changes his phone number, but you have to wait for the next phone book to be published so you can look it up.

Typically, the further you are from a website, the longer it will take for you to see DNS changes take effect.
    It works now

Quote Originally Posted by NCamiolo View Post
    My Tapatalk isn't working, says the forum is restricted. Are we not set up for it yet with the update?
    Thanks for the info. Tapatalk should be working now, give her another try

It works now
    Glad to hear it! Thanks for keeping me updated!

I'm having a new issue. When I go to get on the site, I click on a bookmark I have set at the top of my browser window, it used to direct me to https://www.thegalantcenter.org/index.php. Now when I click that bookmark it redirects me to https://www.thegalantcenter.org/content.php which is some page I don't have permission to access. Even when I type in https://www.thegalantcenter.org/ by itself it redirects to https://www.thegalantcenter.org/content.php. It's not a big deal, I just click on Recent Posts and keep it moving, but I thought I'd let you guys know what's up.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast