The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mysterious rough idle???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 25 of 25
    Hey galanttuner, my friend doesn't wanna pull the motor just pulling the mount etc to get to the timing area to do a good inspection of the timing lol

I also went by the manual posted on this site and only mensions tdc if replacing the distributor itself. Ill have the leak down done prior to him checking the timing...

Also I can run a pressure test as the filter is normal maintenance and the car seems to have no maintenance after 150k and its at 217k
    Last edited by phatboyslim12; 10-25-2012 at 01:50 PM
    days like today remind me why i love my galant!!!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Idc what the manual says lol I do it to know its right, and you check the timing before the leak down test or your numbers will be all wrong
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I hear ya, I'm going to have a shop do the testing, so before I send it back in, should I reinstall the cap and rotor at tdc?

ok so here is what i think im going to do as of now, in this order...

fuel pressure test.
    plugs, wires, and both valve cover gaskets, plug o-rings, and intake plenum
    leakdown test

is there anything i am missing here, i dont know if the plugs and wires have been done but since its a bit tough for the average person on this car im guessing not, could the wires that run under the iac be causing issues with the iac, if there old enough?
    Last edited by phatboyslim12; 10-25-2012 at 06:41 PM

the car has been in the shop for the last 24 hours and i just got a call saying its a egr vacuum control valve??? sound like it can be the issue?

ok so the problem still occurs according to the shop. they are saying they have some more to check out but they suspect an ecu issue
    Last edited by phatboyslim12; 10-27-2012 at 07:53 PM Reason: update

UPDATE::

so i got the results...

low compression in cyl. 2, likey valve hit...

not sure where to go from here, im trying to work with the shop that did the timing and i dont know if they will help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12