The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Obd2 software

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Obd2 software

What is the best software to buy for a laptop or should I go with a scanner tool? I plan on doing my own tuning and such but I would prefer software I can tune/log/ diagnose with for any car if possible. I'm a mechanic but have only used Mac/snap on scanners in the shop it's rare I would need to see extensive fuel mapping/trims plus tune anything. I would like the software to be useable on all vehicles if doable at all. If not just let me know the best deal or deals for the two seperate I own a 7g btw. 95. About to rip its guts out and take block to machine shop. Manual tranny incoming as well. Appreciate all the help.

The best for Mitsubishi would be Evoscan. The software is $25 and you can get a VAGCOM cable of ebay for cheap and log with it. Unfortunately you can only log and cant tune the Galant ECU.

If you want to diagnose codes on all cars then you need a Scantool that comes with computer software. I remember buying one from Walmart and it had software CD and a separate COM cable. I think it was $100.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Yea I understand the factory ecu can't be tuned why I was asking what the best ecu would be to go with along laptop software. I plan on going 9:1 cr and turbo within the next few months. Winter time and my heated garage = vacation from the kids for a couple hours a day. Going to do a full rebuild on lower half and a 4g63t head. Which will go to the machine shop and be completely rebuilt with high end shit. Atleast I meant to ask about the ecu which is best I read a lot about this emanage thx

The stock 63t head is good for 400+ depending on the boost level and lbs/min flow. High end valve train wont do justice for under and around 20psi, well maybe a little, but what you see actual gains from are camshafts and oversized valves. The rest of upgraded valvetrain is just supporting the big cams at high boost levels and rpms.

If you wanna save yourself some money, just give the head a good cleaning, replace the stem seals and cam seals, inspect guides and valves, clean and polish the valves and slap it on the block. Maybe you might wanna have a machine shop resurface it.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Sorry for jumping in like this, but my 97 galant will not pass the 5 readiness codes and I've driven close to 500miles...really getting annoying. Should I swap ecu or do I have to have Mitsubishi do it and still have the possibility of fail if I shut the car off after the dealer "fixes" it. Please I need help...thanks

thanks Chris..ne who, i replaced all fuses new batter terminals and went ahead and slipped in my jacket a ecu from a september 96 galant but same product numbers and boom cleared in one drive through the city and highway. estimatef time 45 mins. hours of trying to figure it out, countless.