The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: High beams after HID install

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

High beams after HID install

Hi guys, new to the forum :)
    i recently installed a 35w 6000k kit in my 2011 galant fe and am having issues with the highbeams...they are way to dim, dimmer than even my stock lows. I installed with a relay harness with red going to positive and black connected to the frame for ground, per instructions. I put the bulb in the housing with the igniter side up. Any help or suggestions?

HID lows

HID Highs

Just what happens when a plug and play kit is used in reflector housings. At least you got the hi/lo kit and not just the low beams.

Proper way to do HID's in your car is to retrofit a bi-xenon projector setup.

Ok, I was talking to my friend at work and he said the same thing. I'm just a little nervous about tearing apart the headlights on a car I got two weeks ago lol. I did see the writeup on retrofitting from a Nissan, however do you know if there's a company that sells kits for doing retrofits?

Re: High beams after HID install

The Retrofit Source

Everything you will need they have, also have a look at hidplanet for some helpful notes, write ups and pointers.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

X2 retrofit source is great

Which is why u save up money find a junk yard near u and get headlight from that car if I was u since its prob expensive check out rockauto price and if that's too much find a car that's real messed up a jy to practice on.

Thanks for the input guys. Should have done more research into it before this job. I'm going back to stock lights until I get everything I need for a retrofit. Right now I'm just debating between a $350 retrofit or RRE header :p

I use a bi-xenon HID kit it has hi and lo beam function both HID what it does is use a small solenoid to move the HID bulb forward or back it reposition the light beam. It works well without projector housing.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........

I've found bi-xenons are the only way to go. I was going to save up for a complete reftrofit but decided to go with the performance route first. Hello hackish tune!

wicked380

Very nice

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........

Hey guys, do you get any error messages/check light when you installed your hid? I am thinking of installing mtg-2 Cree led headlights but I'm not sure if our 9g would be able to take aftermarket hid/led without any problems.

Nah no antiflicker. Just make sure you disable your drls hids hate drls