The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rotors being TURNED WHILE ON THE GALANT!?

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

Rotors being TURNED WHILE ON THE GALANT!?

I stopped by the Mitsubishi Dealer to ask the service department how much to fix my "shaking while braking". The head mechanic said it would be $229 to turn my rotors. After telling him that i did turn the rotors twice after my brake pad replacement(6 months and one month earlier), he said that the Mitsubishi Galant needs the rotors turned WHILE ON THE CAR?

Am i missing something here?

-Sean

You are here entirely tooo much!! peanotation's Avatar
    http://socallifestyle.com/

1994 Galant GS 5spd

With that price, you might as well buy yourself a set of Brembo Rotors.......
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>With that price, you might as well buy yourself a set of Brembo Rotors.......</div>

I was thinking about that and having a local garage put them on. But is it true what the Mitsubishi Dealer service department told me? That rotors on the Galants need to be turned while on the galant and that they are the only ones who can do that?

-Sean

escoson
    dont feel bad man mnine have been like that since day one
    im just gonna wait and buy some brembo's cuz it isnt to bad

NO, they are not the only ones that can do it......
    2001 Galant ES I4
    Injen RD CAI
    Kamikaze Headers
    Brospeed Prosport Muffler
    Brembo X-drilled/Slotted Rotors
    Progress Springs
    KYB AGX Adjustables
    Racing X Headlights
    Smoked Tails
    Custom Grill
    Titanium Limo Tint
    MOMO Shift Knob
    Tenzo R Mean-6 18"
    JBL 600.1
    2 JL 12W3 D4 in topfire custom box

My ride: http://photos.yahoo.com/nrg_neo

Yea, on car brake lathes are becoming more and more common. It installs in place of your caliper.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

your rotors can be turned off the car. but, if you want them to be more true then you you would want it turned on the car.

with what u said about them being turned twice already, a better option than getting it turned again is to get the rotors replaced. turning the rotor makes the rotor thinner and more suseptable to warping. and after some wear and getting it turned ur rotors can get pretty thin. so yea new rotors might be a more economical choice in teh long run.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>With that price, you might as well buy yourself a set of Brembo Rotors.......</div>

:?

I looked more into getting the Brembo Rotors. However, should i buy both the pads and the rotors that are listed and Raceconcepts.com?
    I heard that you should replace the brake pads whenever you get new Rotors.

Also, since the shaking is probably only due to the Front Rotors, do I need to replace the Rear Rotors? The Rear rotors should be fine.

I'll search around more about the Brembo slotted/dimpled rotors on here, but...

Anyone have any experience with these? I want quiet (no high-pitched squeal when stopping) and smooth brakes.

-Sean

My rotors turn every time I drive

yes, mitsu requires the rotors to be turned ON the car for any warranty work.

And if whatever business you take your cars to DOESNT do this, theyre idiots.

I cant think of one manufacturer that doesnt recommend this.