The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 98 Galant cranks but wont start!

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Icon5 98 Galant cranks but wont start!

I have a 98 gallant. I was driving to a friends house two days ago and it just suddenly lost power as if it wasn't getting gas. I towed it home and start looking under the hood, and found my spark plugs were gaped wrong. The spark plugs were gapped at 66 and not 44 they were supposed to be I went and bought some spark plugs thinking that was the problem I got home and put them in. I realized I had no spark from the cables so I went back to the auto part store and bought some I installed them and my car still will not start
    I've checked everything I can think of Fuel filter, Fuel pump, fuel rail, and the injectors... I am at a complete loss on what to do! Any ideas?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    cant believe i didnt see this. no spark is usually a cam or crank sensor issue. the cam sensor is in the distributpr assembly and the crank sensor is down under the timing belt. dont search fuel for a spark issue. i have my distributor from my 96 if you want it if you havent found the issue yet because i am DOHC now.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service