The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Racecar Rebuild: its been awhile!

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Showing results 101 to 120 of 236
    Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead View Post
    I'm not sure, it should be under 3k lbs though. I need to weigh it at the school but the teachers don't really care for anything that isn't a lifted pickup or a muscle car.

So far:
    Air Con, complete removal
    Sound deadening
    Trunk Carpets
    Back seat
    11.5 lbs battery on a custom lightweight tray
    Lots of little bits and pieces like heat shields, EVAP parts, EGR etc.

I need seats and to remove the sunroof, those are big. I need to remove the sound system but driving it several hours to events makes it a nice feature.
    I'm suuure you've probably already taken it out, but what about the plate on the glove compartment door. I took my out earlier this month, and see what everyone meant, by how heavy it is lol.

Sunroof and all the mounts/reinforcement etc, rear window motors, passenger wiper arm and power antennae (if you have it) probably adds up close to 100lbs

7g Dirt Racer- 95 Galant- 4g64,5speed swap, external coil, dohc swap, 60mm t.b., b.s., a.c., p.s. delete, battery relocate.
    7g Street- 94 Galant GS- 2.0 4g63t, awd conversion, auto swap, 98 gsx ecu, fmic, maft, bs delete.
    3g 00 eclipse gt 3.0 at

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    I'm suuure you've probably already taken it out, but what about the plate on the glove compartment door. I took my out earlier this month, and see what everyone meant, by how heavy it is lol.
    Yes that and the reinforcement for the lower panel on the drivers side are gone. There is only so much I can remove though and still be legal for the class. The only way I can truly gut the car is by installing an SCCA or NASA spec cage in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by w/oarctic7g View Post
    Sunroof and all the mounts/reinforcement etc, rear window motors, passenger wiper arm and power antennae (if you have it) probably adds up close to 100lbs
    Rear window motors, any part of the wiper system is not legal to remove. I don't have a power antenna.

I'll be posting up all my Brembo swap once parts arrive this Wednesday. April needs to get here fast, my racing bug is itching sooooo bad!
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

Quote Originally Posted by 6G72gearhead View Post
    Yeah, its not a fun issue since its bad news for the engine if something goes wrong.

I've been playing with ECUFlash a lot lately trying to figure out how to define my MUT tables so I can start logging in 2 bit load, anyone here tried to do anything like this?

Also I'm curious about using the big maps patch to get a finer control of the AFR's and Timing.

Hey names Jake, been texting you the last few days =]
    When I go boosted im obviously going to need some tuning, did you ever get all that figured out where you could do everything basically yourself or do you have a hookup somewhere that you trust? im thinking late summer at the earliest would be when I get my build started/finished (compiling parts for now) and have been looking at shops around KC (Mc racing, revline, modified by kc, etc...) but if you are capable I would much rather work with someone that "specializes" on these cars ya know ^.^
    HMU here or text me, you got my number, and let me know, Thanks!

2000 Galant bagged and boomin!

The last month of waiting for race season to start is worse then a herpes flare up.... Wait uuuuuhhhhhhh?

Anyways, the brake swap went well, pics should be up when I get my computer back. Still gotta get it all bled and it will be ready ish.

Jake, I can tune it well enough to make it safe to drive, but I'm not experienced enough to tune it for peak power. Chad from MKC does a good job with evo's, but lately I've heard his tuning on other stuff has been slipping, again hearsay, but concerning. RevLine wouldn't touch my car, but that was when Choung ran it, they are still a Honda shop though. MC Racing is heavily domestic, but not exclusively. The only good tuners I know specialize in LS engines or Ford modulars.

yeah that's about what I had figured, I was pretty sure revline would evade it like a plague (damn Honda people) and MC always had muscle when I was around to fill my bottle so I figured they wouldn't be toooooo stoked. Heard from a guy named Antonio about MKC working on his rx7 and said they did decent...figure ill probably take it there if I cant find anywhere semi-close that would be better.

what sorta stuff should I buy before I take it somewhere or should a shop like MKC have everything and just hand them a stack of cash? I plan on getting the obvious gauges and stuff, mainly so I can monitor after everything is said and done, but is there anything I would need to take? pretty new to the concept of tuning

and FYI by gauges im thinking the following:
    Innovate LC1 wideband AFR - installed, works awesome!
    Volts (have a huge system) - custom made by yours truly for dual optima setup
    Boost (with coolingmist methanol injection controller) - purchased, not installed
    Intake Temp - getting soon

Im also thinking about getting either EGT, Fuel pressure, or oil temp (if I get A/T oil cooler)

The brake set up is complete, been getting the pads worn in, they don't like cold at all. I also should have gone to braided steel lines long ago.

The paint sucks, but it drives awesome, this is as clean as she gets.

One of my good friends passed away this past September, he was an amazing person and a major car guy, so the racecar will forever be badged in his memory.

The brembo's peeking thru are the only hint that she's a beast, total sleeper! Although the cancer sucks, it adds to the sleeper status.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Its fun because it really gets a lot of attention at the track for how stock it appears and how quick it moves. People seem to think they weigh 500-800 lbs more then they do.

I'm trying to decide how I want to paint it when it comes time, its gonna be a competition car for the rest of its life. I just gotta decide if I'm gonna leave it as a street/autocross car and then build a Volvo for stage rally or if I want to stick to tarmec and build the thing into a time attack monster.

Time attack monster!

^this!
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

I'm not gonna abandon the car or anything, just postpone the cage plans for a few years while I start into some airborn, sideways, gravel slinging rally action! Then after I get going with that start pushing the Galant into time attack.

dang, good job man
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Looks like fun
    13 Honda Accord EX 6MT

Damn that looks hard and your really moving too! What kind of track is that?

The slalom was cool as hell! The G takes off pretty good too. Nice show of skill!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Experienced TGC Member
    Looks like fun ..

What camera are you using?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast