The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: '94 Galant Speedometer Failure

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    Gaztroan131

'94 Galant Speedometer Failure

Hello, I've got a manual transmission '94 and my speedometer has stopped working. I was driving rather fast; which I usually do, when my speedometer suddenly sank to 0 (but I'm not quite sure if speed would matter). All of my other gauges all work (odometer, fuel, etc.) I had tried to turn the car off and back on, but it didn't do anything. I'm rather concerned about this, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Gaztroan131; 11-07-2012 at 09:33 PM

it's probably the speed sensor

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    it's probably the speed sensor
    I second this. My car did the same thing and it was the speed sensor.check on the back side of the tranny for the sensor, make sure it's plugged in, then look to see if its broken, there is 1 bolt tat holds it into the tranny and then it just pulls out
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

^ + 1 on the speed sensor...
    Relax...

If your odometer continues to roll in spite of the dead needle then its your gauge. Also check and see your your cruise control still works.

If not, then I would try swapping out a known good speed sensor from a junk yard. You may also pull your sensor and inspect the gear on it to make sure it is still intact, it is made of plastic after all.

Gauges do wear out. My coolant gauge on the GS would stick after I turned off the car. Lol I'd have to tap the cluster with my finger to get it to calibrate.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo