The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd swap*update W/PICS*

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Showing results 61 to 79 of 79
    nystreetracing
    Shane,
    Can you make a list of all the parts necessary for the swap. It would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. - The car looks great! Very Sexy!!!! =)

sj420
    Ha... Took the words right out of my mouth. Yeah, a complete list of necessary parts would be a great start for the rest of us. Congrats on the new manny... man I'm so damn jealous!!!!! :cry:

paco
    Pics look good!!! i wouldn't mind the list either. What happened to all your goodies?? I was really looking forward to seeing all your setup.

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paco
    Pics look good!!! i wouldn't mind the list either. What happened to all your goodies?? I was really looking forward to seeing all your setup.
    Went back to all motor, not including a lot of things we pulled off the day before, because i didnt want anyone messin with stuff.. Last time i had my car worked on, they screwed up my FPR.. Im still cleaning the interior as we speak, still got grease stains all over place, its a good thing i pulled my Sparco's out before..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

I'm glad someone finally did it and good to know it was someone that deserved it.
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

shane, your the man. :shock:
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Lazarus
    I'm glad someone finally did it and good to know it was someone that deserved it.
    Thanks man, that means a lot..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

TGC Regular
    :shock: ya most definately great to see someone F I N A L Y step up and do this congrats man!
    - Atba

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by r-ezz.e
    Thanks knightriderXXX, actually my pc acts up always but fortunately i was able to see it this morning on the website. But thanks anyway/again. Oh yea, Shane......wut can i say, i think every wants to be in ur shoes now or we're just jealous . But seriously congrats and maybe the next step is rippmods SDS. Talking about sleeper and putting suckers out to shame. Shit u put me in awe just thinking about it
    anytime brotha

...U N D E A D...

Thanks knightriderXXX, actually my pc acts up always but fortunately i was able to see it this morning on the website. But thanks anyway/again. Oh yea, Shane......wut can i say, i think every wants to be in ur shoes now or we're just jealous . But seriously congrats and maybe the next step is rippmods SDS. Talking about sleeper and putting suckers out to shame. Shit u put me in awe just thinking about it :shock:
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

Quote Originally Posted by nystreetracing
    Shane,
    Can you make a list of all the parts necessary for the swap. It would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. - The car looks great! Very Sexy!!!! =)
    hahaha, you need everything... A lot of the cooling for the tranny had to be custom fabricated, not including we had to make new mounts to fit the 5spd on top of.. THe only real downside to have the 5spd, is that i lost having my cruise control, which for me is no biggie because i never used it, and who the hell whats to cruise in a 5spd Galant anywayz, and when i put her in reverse my lights do not come on.. Buts really about it, a lot of time, and just patience..

mitsu4G64

tight as shit

so what your sayin is all of this could be done in like one day depending on the labor and stuff but what i want to know from you in your honest opinion how much do you think this will run us guys that want to get this job done i mean you can make a guess and you don';t have to quote how much that other guy gave you a price on please we must know 8) :!:

Re: tight as shit

Quote Originally Posted by mitsu4G64
    so what your sayin is all of this could be done in like one day depending on the labor and stuff but what i want to know from you in your honest opinion how much do you think this will run us guys that want to get this job done i mean you can make a guess and you don';t have to quote how much that other guy gave you a price on please we must know 8) :!:
    My guy did it in more or less a day, because i needed my car back, and well it was slow..lol.. Just for parts and labor, and what other misc. stuff you add to it, i would say easily 3-4g's..

balln8g
    Congrats again Shane....it's good to see alot of people making breakthroughs with the G-rides....I know it feels good to be the first to tackle something like that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(balln8g)</div><div class='quotemain'>Congrats again Shane....it's good to see alot of people making breakthroughs with the G-rides....I know it feels good to be the first to tackle something like that.</div>

Thanks again man, and honestly it does feel really good to know that I'm the only one with it right now...

Potr
    Just giving everyone a heads up... i should be doing my five speed swap by the end of the month... a little different from Shane's if everything works out right... im going to use a Evo 4 tranny... couple issues to work out first ill tell everyone how it goes when i get it done.

yo shane,, fanally i get to see your car pic and the 5 speed swap,, shiii looks hot,,

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Potr)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just giving everyone a heads up... i should be doing my five speed swap by the end of the month... a little different from Shane's if everything works out right... im going to use a Evo 4 tranny... couple issues to work out first ill tell everyone how it goes when i get it done.</div>

Is there a differnce in the tranny of the Evo to the Galant? i think there should be as in performance.... but just wnana make sure
    Diego

Potr
    the only problem i see right now is that the tranny has a cross member on it that will cause issues... and i need to weld the awd to fwd... but other then that its pretty much the same...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234