The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 5spd swap*update W/PICS*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 79
    Potr
    what kinda little "glitches" did you run into during installation... i mean like Fitting, mounting, and ecu. also are there any little "bugs" in the driving or is it running perfectly?

J
    question kemist

what happened to your L10 tranny?

it went bad? :?

Experienced TGC Member HeadAche's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Potr)</div><div class='quotemain'>what kinda little "glitches" did you run into during installation... i mean like Fitting, mounting, and ecu. also are there any little "bugs" in the driving or is it running perfectly?</div>

Only real problem i had was that when i went to pick up the tranny the slave cylinder wasnt with it so i had to wait a day to get one. But beyond that the car is running as expected, FAST AS HELL.. I can chirp 2nd gear no problem and 3rd if i really push her.. and yes my L10 got turned to soup, when it was pulled found several heat cracks in it, and it caused the tranny temp to spike..
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

So a direct fit with no problems. You have the I4 don't you?

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Details, details, details! Can you give us a break down on labor and cost? Any gotchas that you had to deal with?

Wes
    Another fine post brought to you By:
    The Man™
    Search the boards first please!

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    that is cool man, did the clutch pedal comfortable in its location? wow man i cant wait to see pics.

HOLY SHIT! Bro, you got it done already?! man that was fast! how it's feel? labor cost? parts? Man, i think im more excited than you lol....PICS PICS!
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

nystreetracing
    Ya man what he ^^^ said!!!! =)

Rumor has it ( with several eye witnesses) there is a chick in Northern VA that actually purchased a 99 DE with guess what..the 5 speed trans lol I feel alittle stuck on stupid cause I had the same oppurtunity but I had to have a damn moon roof doah...All I know is your is waaaaay faster then hers lol...another point she isnt interested in joining TGC...bah

Ok as for details, you have to use the 3g axles no doubt about it, because the axles have mounting points for the tranny itself, which you will see in the pics 2morrow... As for labor and cost i really cant speak of because the guy who did my work, owed me a HUGE favor so i got a killer break as in labor and parts..

As for it's feel, lol.. all i can say.. FAST AS HELL..lol.. i really cant break it in 2 fast, we put a new act 2100lb cluth, and Fidanza lightened flywheel... we had the gear ratio's shortened considerably, and my first gears runs out fast and hell, as soon as i step on it, i gotta get ready to shift up to 2nd..lol..

I think the only real issue im having are the gears are so tight, that if you dont hit the cluth right and shift right, you will stall out, but thats not biggie..lol...
    I Shook You At The Track, My Boyz Threw Asprin On The Floor, They Said Now You Gotta Headache...

The illiterate of the twenty-first century will not be those who can not read or write, but those who can not learn, un-learn and re-learn.

leadfoot
    how did you shorten the ratio's? and are set now for low end not top speed right i would like to see you top end. and how much did you spend on the performance part's oh and did you get a short shift kit?

Congrats Shane,

Breaking the barrier where no Galant has gone before. I cant wait to see the pics.

Way to go.
    Love,
    Matt

damn bro!!!
    Right on!!!!
    We want to see pics, and know more details, details, details....

Now, u said the engine would stall out - due to shorter gear ratio or it is more like - something needs to be adjusted.
    LEt us know everything. We just wanted to know some more details, details, and details....
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

Good Deal Shane I am glad to hear you got it runnin I am in Jax now and when I get my messenger up I'll try and get ahold of you to make a run down there
    C.J. Cameron
    RETIRED TUNER!!!!

"Keeping it Simple"

Faction
    mann, if only i can drive, i wanna see it!

The lady at the kodak places said by monday i should have my pics done, i have to get them put on cd to i can get them hosted up.. As for right now, new tranny mods, ACT 2100lbs clutch $325.00, and a Fidanza lightened Flywheel $150.00... It does want to stall in first gear, since the eclipse gears are way shorter than what i expected... I have to shift outta first well before torque, or the front wheels will want to spin a lot.. hahaha, the coolest thing about driving a manual in my car, lookin at everyone faces at light, when your rocking it back and forth.. First victim this morning, focus ZX3, lol.. stupid guy, he never had a chance.. Cj, when you get ur aim working, yeah try and make a run down here, right now im portable so i will, try and catch you..

damn, i need 5 speed bad.

I love drinving 5 speed, 6 speed is dope too.
    There is a guy in Vegas, who I know, who claims that he can do a swap for me - tranny taken out of 1g DSM cars!
    He knows the engine is reverted 180 degrees, but he claims that his uncle in Puerto Rico has this tranny on his 8 g galant, and there is a way a way to make it work.
    Well, we will see.

The only reason, that i wouldn't work 5 spd is that I would be afriad I would break a lot of clutches with my turbo.

Norcal Perfrormance should move to Las Vegas,NV - but so far I haven't heard anything from them.

I WANT TO SWAP to 5spd bad, so let me know if anybody in CAli, Arizona, Nevad or Utah is able to do it for me cheap!
    Thanks.
    Kemist: DId u contact Level 10 about your broken auto tranny?
    I would. I mean - i still can't belive that the buffed up auto tranny went wrong on u.
    Check out my ride at:
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/djgalant

The only 8g west cost 4g64 Turboed Galant.

Dj, i really havent gotten a chance to.. When word around here spread that an 8g did the auto to manual swap, i had a lot of calls.. So i've been talking with people, and trying to get time on a dyno to see wha the numbers are.. Because i cant even guess, the power is really sick, and pretty exciting at the same time..lol.. I didnt even know you could swap a 1g DSM tranny to our motor, i was told that it has to be a 2.4L displacement for sure, but who knows.. I cant wait for you guyz to see the pics, hope they came out okay..

Quote Originally Posted by Cali
    HOLY SHIT! Bro, you got it done already?! man that was fast! how it's feel? labor cost? parts? Man, i think im more excited than you lol....PICS PICS!
    yea i want see some pic Shane,, come on hurry up..

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

i wanna see pics mayne!!! ima be gettin the steptronic or techtronic transmission soon.... HOPEFULLY!! and ill dyno mine too so i can compare if there was a change in hp... i dont think there will be cause its still considered auto... but the Rippmods say trhere is a dif tween Auto Eclipse and Techtronic eclipse... so yea.. i wanna see dem pics man! good job wit da transmission!
    Diego

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast