The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ordered 06 Eclipse springs, got 00-05 springs...Will it work?

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Ordered 06 Eclipse springs, got 00-05 springs...It works!!!!

UPDATE...It works!!!

Does anybody know for sure if this will work or not? Here's the story behind it all....

I ordered Tein S Tech springs from Auto Anything .com and if you look up an 06 Eclipse V6, it has the part number for the 00-05 V6 Eclipse instead. I didn't catch that till I got the springs and it said what model years it fits on the of the box.

My car is a 04 Galant GTS. I know what the stock springs look like and the ones I got look like they will work, however these lower the car 1.7" front, 1.5" rear. The correct ones are suppose to lower it 2.5" on all corners. I'd like the front to drop the full 2.5", but the rear would be way too low. 1.5" would be perfect. If these will seat right, I'll just install these springs and clamp down the front a half inch or so. I'll find out tomorrow if this is actually doable.
    Last edited by HotWhip402; 11-15-2012 at 01:50 AM Reason: Update!

Re: Ordered 06 Eclipse springs, got 00-05 springs...Will it work?

Way to go keep us updated I need to pick some springs up myself post a pic after they settle in...... Thanks

Sent from my galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........

I had 06 and up springs. Front didn't drop much and the rear dropped too much like top of the tire is tucked in.

Victory is mine! Seriously, these springs probably work better than the 06 + ones.

Fronts

13.5"

10.5"

Just the front lowered

Rear springs...also a 3" difference

Notice the coil is smaller on the bottom

How the stock on top sits

How the new coil sits...just a hair smaller, but it works just fine

How the stock bottom sits

How the new coil sits...it fits pretty tight so it's good enough for me!

Rear before the drop

Rear after the drop....A little too low. I'm making a fix for that though.

Last edited by HotWhip402; 11-15-2012 at 01:53 AM

BEFORE THE DROP

Pics AFTER the drop without me doing anything yet

Last edited by HotWhip402; 11-15-2012 at 02:00 AM

My rear spring fix? Dense rubber lifting blocks I cut up and drilled a hole in. They are 4" squares with a 1.8" hole to fit snug on the shock and are 1.5" thick.

Only pic I have as of right now.....it sits absolutely perfect now.

I should note that the car rides great on stock stuts and shocks. Feels real solid and not that bumpy, but I like it that way and I'm pretty used to it in my Trans Am.

The ground clearance is great. However, these cars are obviously not meant to be this low. It throws the suspension geometry way off, more specifically the CV axles. I get some very pronounced vibrations when accelerating normally between 15 -25 MPH. I also feel it when accelerating anything over 50% throttle at higher speeds, especially at WOT. Hopefully an alignment will help some. I plan on raising the front just a little bit to see if that helps, but also because the new tires I'm getting soon are closer in diameter to the stock height. The tires I have now are .5" shorter than stock....245/35/19. 225/40/19 is much closer in diameter to the stock 215/55/17

Looks good! A drop really sets off the car.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Re: Ordered 06 Eclipse springs, got 00-05 springs...Will it work?

This is good stuff man gives me things to consider see u have 245/35R19 I have 235/35R20 and I'm wondering if it's sat to low for u at first its deff gona be to low on my ride one of the reasons I want to get new rims lighter and smaller 18's or 19's. I'll se what's up. I you whip look good the.

Sent from my galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2
    BIG WILLY 9G FOO..........

I just raised the front up about a half inch and now the car sits perfectly level. I would honestly have preferred the raked look being slightly lower in the front, but the shaking I was getting pretty bad is much better. Not only that, but I grabbed one of my stock wheel/tire out of the attic and compared it to what I have now and it's a sizable difference. I bolted it up to the car and I had virtually no gap between the tire and fender. Now that its raised up, it'll look right with the correct size 19" tire!

Going to get my free alignment hook up tomorrow morning. Hoping that will fix any other shaking I have.

Its been almost a month now. I have new struts/shocks, new tires and an alignment now. I had to have camber bolts put in for the front, but since I raised the rear up after my initial alignment there was enough adjustment in the factory bolts.

I raised the front using the circular donut, one on each side. I got them from Advance Auto Parts. I tried the other lifting blocks on the right of the picture. They sucked and actually fell out.

The donut was beveled on each side and I didn't like that idea. That also made it a little thicker than I was wanting. I cut it and smoothed it out. This Is how I secured it.

So this is how the car sits right now with both front and rear spring mounts modified and with the new tires. Looks legit to me....

Very nice, I like its stance.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

looks great!
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

Hey HotWhip402, how was the ride with the ride quality with the spring boosters compared to stock? and how are they holding up? also did you feel any difference when turning?

Car feels great with the front rubber boosters. Its like they are not even there.