The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hiding The Computer

Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

Hiding The Computer

One of my associates brought his Mazda Tribute to be looked at cuzz it was having issues and I noticed that the Computer was inside of the firewall.

It looked cool and I was wondering if i could do that without damaging anything specifically anything behind the firewall
    8th Gen Rox
    http://mynccruizer.tumblr.com/
    OBX Long Header 12" Visonik Subwoofers x2
    K&N Typhoon SRI 15" L7 Kicker Solo Baric
    3" Muffler

No you cant. PLus ours is already hidden inside the cabin. You dont need to move it or even access it

Re: Hiding The Computer

Just another ford

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    MODS

5 speed swap
    Eibach Pro Kit on GR2 Struts
    Cold Air Intake
    Outlander Intake Manifold
    6G72 V6 Throttle Body
    6G72 V6 Fuel Pump
    Axle Back Exhaust (ebay)
    Evo Fuel Rail
    Evo Radiator
    Rear Disc Swap
    Prothane Motor Mount Inserts

im getting 25mpg city and 30mpg highway untuned!!!

Hiding The Computer

Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    Just another ford

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    X2 I have a tribute as well and I thought it was a stupid place actually. Between heat and moisture, its more likely to deteriorate in there than in the passenger compartment like other cars.

they do that on some bmw too... its not a very good place ive heard of people frying it at the car wash.

Hiding The Computer

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    they do that on some bmw too... its not a very good place ive heard of people frying it at the car wash.
    There ya go...

Still better than the last-gen Chrysler minivans, they put their PCM right beside the battery, behind the damn radiator on the driver's side. One good offset front crash and the harness and PCM is toast.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

my bmw has a section specifically designed for it. it's under the wipers in a sealed box of it's own.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    my bmw has a section specifically designed for it. it's under the wipers in a sealed box of it's own.
    My BMW has too many computers lol, one of which is under the driver side dash and got wet when one of my drains from the sunroof clogged...NIGHTMARE. Started to down shift whenever and run in 2nd or 3rd gear at the highest, and it threw all of the ride and comfort support systems. It was hellish!

ya, depends on the area you live, you need to make sure those drains stay clean!

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    ya, depends on the area you live, you need to make sure those drains stay clean!
    Definitely never buying another 7 series without a warranty lol

Re: Hiding The Computer

I guess thats why beemers sell so cheap after a few years.
    Nobody wants to pick them up and deal with the cost of "no warranty" repairs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    No you cant. PLus ours is already hidden inside the cabin. You dont need to move it or even access it
    didnt even notice that it wasnt in the engine bay.
    8th Gen Rox
    http://mynccruizer.tumblr.com/
    OBX Long Header 12" Visonik Subwoofers x2
    K&N Typhoon SRI 15" L7 Kicker Solo Baric
    3" Muffler

as soon as i bought my e92, i didn't drive off the dealership until i got a 4 yr extended warranty.

the warranty has paid dividends so far. the month of October it was at the dealer for a misfire and no boost issue. 3.5k later that the warranty paid out. plus the 1k the dealer paid out for the damaged cat.........

got to pay to play!

Hiding The Computer

Sadly I don't think many warranty companies are warm and fuzzy about giving good deals on 2003 760Li's. Between the N73 V12 and the limited production with too many gadgets theyare a nightmare to diagnose and fix.

why is the n54 any different?

they changed all 6 coil packs, all 6 injectors, a high pressure fuel pump, all 4 oxygen sensors ( $500 a piece ) and still not figure out the misfire issue. Turns out it was a clogged cat that came apart. then they did not want to cover it because of the after market exhaust that is from the down pipes back. secondary cats are deleted and primary's are on the down pipes. I made a BMW North America come down to inspect the car. they fought me hard but had to eat it in the end

long story short, other than brakes this car basically had a complete overhaul for $100 deductable lol