The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: TCL off and Anti Lock lights problem

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

TCL off and Anti Lock lights problem

So my TCL off, the pic of a car swerving and the Anti Lock light recently started coming on. It never comes on when driving. Only when I start the car, they will stay on, but its not every time. I noticed if I turn the key to run and they go away after a second, I can start it and it won't come on. If I do the same thing, but the lights don't go away, I'll start it and the lights stay on. Sometimes I can keep trying a few times until it goes out too. Other times when I just cant get it, I'll drive it with the lights on as little as 1/4 or a mile and come up to a stoplight, shut the car off and restart it and the lights will go out. WTF?

Any ideas?

Engine running lean will trigger the tcl before setting a cel. Besides that the abs system need to be check for dtc.

System was checked. Both ABS speed sensors on the driver side are throwing codes. Its intermittent though and I have more important things to worry about at this time. Should cost around $100 in parts to replace.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    It's not a misfire. The lights are simultaneous so it's something shared which are the wheel speed sensors like you found. Take the car through the car wash as my dads 2004 325xi used to have that light up and I told him to go through the car wash. If its still happening after that you may have to replace the sensors.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

I replaced both left speed sensors and no more issues! I tried cleaning my old ones first, that didn't help at all. I think my rear one was missing a plastic sleeve and the front one probably had gotten stretched and frayed the wire internally when I pulled the strut to install lowering springs.