The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: High Mileage Club

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 64

High Mileage Club

anyone's galant[s] running on high mileage? my 8G just recently hit 247k on the odometer.
    anyone else close to me? haha

damn dude, im only at 158k kudos to you man

280k on my daily galant.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

218k on mine now

Jeezesus and i thought i had alot of miles!

Re: High Mileage Club

220k on one and 180k on another.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    280k on my daily galant.
    dammnnn dude. what are you doing to make sure yours is in tip top shape? anything special you're doing? tryna make sure my baby last as long as possible!

High Mileage Club

292k on the chassis on my 7g but 80k on the motor.

Km's not miles.

Working at a mitsu shop for a while have seen 3-4 8g galant 4/6cly with original engine and trans with 230k+. Those customer do love their car. Maintenance up to date. Car looking almost new inside and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Concepts View Post
    dammnnn dude. what are you doing to make sure yours is in tip top shape? anything special you're doing? tryna make sure my baby last as long as possible!

Just follow the service manual to a Tee as far as maintenance fluid changes. I bought the car with 264k miles, but everything is original and everything is solid just as I picked it up. I have the paperwork for 3 timing belt changes, a ton of oil changes, and part replacements.

Right now, I run 2 quarts of synthetic penzoil 5w30 and the rest penzoil 5w30 conventional regular. Oil is cleaner at every 3000 mile oil change. They recommend less inbetween oil changes, but I've had nothing but good luck having a sound engine following the 3000 mile rule. No lifter tick to this day.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Didn't know we had a few 200K+ miles members on here. There are 2 other threads you can check out to see the mileage counts of the other members -

How many miles does your 8G have

How many miles on your G? Part 2!

You should extend the question to who has driven the most number of miles on their G :)

High Mileage Club

I'm at 180k

@keith if you want to really clean out the gunk in your motor, on the next oil change add half a quart of full synthetic automatic transmission fluid in it. Trust me it does miracles for engines.

High Mileage Club

I have heard of the trans fluid, b12,seafoam, and fuel additives. I think they all work, b 12 is prob the worst as its just too volitile. Seafoam could mess up some seams if they are old but not very conclusive on that claim, the only fuel additive I use is techron as we don't have Mobil here. And the trans fluid idea works u just should chnaged ur oil and not let it stay in there but I hear one the best things overall is a water injection kit it keeps valves clean as hell and reduces temps of the combustion. Its just usually costly and then u have a extra tank to fit and fill up.

Quote Originally Posted by cburch427 View Post
    @keith if you want to really clean out the gunk in your motor, on the next oil change add half a quart of full synthetic automatic transmission fluid in it. Trust me it does miracles for engines.
    Hmm, have not heard that. Thanks for the tip!

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Does 102,410 count? :)

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Yes all of those B12 additives somewhat work but they actually heat up the incoming fuel alittle bit so up until it gets burnt off it cause a slight decrease in your gas mileage.

@keith no problem man, just make sure you change your oil on time after you add the ATF

Re: High Mileage Club

285.000km/177miles on my black Galant Sport and 435.000km/270miles on my Galant Wagon B-)
    And both of em are still running great. The wagon is smooth as silk, no valve tick or anything. The black one has a minor fluid leak because it overheated once :-/
    Last edited by ShiZnitH; 11-21-2012 at 11:38 PM

Stavy6
    185k has its issues but also gets driven over 50 miles a day

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast